Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Watch series 9 error code 08

bbridle
Level 1: Joiner
  • 12 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I started a case with O2 on14th December 2023 that is still unresolved, although having looked on 360 with a man in the Oxford O2 shop all of my calls have been “resolved”. Basically, I get error 08 on trying to get my Apple Watch series 9 working with an O2 mobile service. I’ve managed to get the error removed once by customer services back at the end of January but trying to signup again and going through the signup process resulted days later in error 08 after it got stuck activating and the agent asked me to reset the mobile service. I was told to expect a call back but two weeks have gone by without anything.

It’s so annoying but if nobody here can help I think I have no alternative other than to leave O2.

Message 1 of 35
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146987 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28265 Solutions

@bbridle 

All we know here Activate Apple Watch Guide 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 35
34 REPLIES 34

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146987 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28265 Solutions

@bbridle 

All we know here Activate Apple Watch Guide 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 35

bbridle
  • 12 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Many thanks. I’ve tried your solution to the 08 error. I have had a call (2nd one in over 2 months during this issue) and the agent has performed the same procedure (taken my EID number for the watch). I hope it works this time. I’m now on day 2 of the 7 I’m being asked to wait and will give an update when it happens.

Message 3 of 35

Paula1802
  • 8 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

im getting error code 10 when trying to add mobile data plan, its been a nightmare from get go with O2, the o2 shop cannot help they said it o2 customer service that need to do this but they have no idea what they are doing, if i was you i would leave O2, i am thinking of buying out my contract and going elsewhere

Message 4 of 35

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12368 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1148 Solutions

This is from the guide posted above ( Activate Apple Watch Guide ) @Paula1802 :

@Dave-O2  wrote:

Reference code 10 & 41

This happens when the same eSIM has been downloaded on the device more than four times, this can be caused by you hard resettling their device or consistently moving the watch between 2 accounts. So we can try and resolve please contact our Social Media team here

Links to social media on the word "here" above

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 5 of 35

Paula1802
  • 8 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

i have spoken to the O2 shop and it isn't, it was trying to add a new sim, O2 have supposedly reset the e sim but what a shocker still does not work

Message 6 of 35

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12368 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1148 Solutions

Have you tried speaking to customer services using social media as my post above say @Paula1802 ?

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 7 of 35

bbridle
  • 12 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Got a call from customer services and was told

that they will sort it and call me back within 7 days. They have until weds next week when after two month of trying I shall have to go through the hassle of moving to EE. Just a bit of a shame really.

Message 8 of 35

Paula1802
  • 8 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Sorry this is not true, even the o2 tech team said this is utter rubbish

Message 9 of 35

Paula1802
  • 8 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Many many times and they are useless