Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Watch series 9 error code 08

bbridle
Level 1: Joiner
  • 12 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I started a case with O2 on14th December 2023 that is still unresolved, although having looked on 360 with a man in the Oxford O2 shop all of my calls have been “resolved”. Basically, I get error 08 on trying to get my Apple Watch series 9 working with an O2 mobile service. I’ve managed to get the error removed once by customer services back at the end of January but trying to signup again and going through the signup process resulted days later in error 08 after it got stuck activating and the agent asked me to reset the mobile service. I was told to expect a call back but two weeks have gone by without anything.

It’s so annoying but if nobody here can help I think I have no alternative other than to leave O2.

Message 1 of 39
38 REPLIES 38

Peter_L
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 16 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you

Message 31 of 39

Oxonian
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 9116 Posts
  • 208 Topics
  • 26 Solutions

@Peter_L wrote:

Thank you

You are welcome @Peter_L ! 👍

Message 32 of 39

Peter_L
  • 16 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Well the error code 08 is now gone and I was able to sign in to my account and purchase an Apple Watch Plan. However my plan is still not active and I am stuck on "O2 Activating" and a spinning circle next to it since 25th of June (see a screenshot below) I've tried all possible things (resetting watch, switching phone off and back on etc) but nothing worked. Any idea how to fix this, please? Thank you.O2 Error.png

Message 33 of 39

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38278 Posts
  • 240 Topics
  • 1729 Solutions

As per the Activate Apple Watch Guide @Peter_L - shown below.

Failing that, escalation to the O2 Community Manager here on Monday is an option, if still stuck - he is @Kei-M_O2, you can drop him a PM here to follow-up. The process is positively glacial it seems 🤷

Your Airtime Plan and how to activate it?

More info

If you buy your Apple Watch from O2, we’ll set up your Airtime Plan for you. But you’ll still need to activate it when you set up your Watch. When you first turn on your Apple Watch, your iPhone will recognise it and prompt you to pair them.

As part of this process, you’ll reach a step that asks you to set up mobile data. Tap ‘Set up mobile data’. You’ll see a screen that confirms your plan has been added to your account. It can take up to 24 hours to activate, but sometimes it might take a little longer.

To check if your new Airtime Plan is active, open the Watch app on your iPhone and tap on ‘Mobile Data’. In the ‘Data Plan’ section, if you see O2 with the word ‘activating’ then you’ll have to wait a little longer for set up to complete. If you see O2 with an orange ‘i’ next to it, then you’re all set up.

Message 34 of 39

Peter_L
  • 16 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you! slight_smile I'll try to contact him on Monday. There is no option for me to remove this or try/start again so I am stuck. I think the only option is to contact them on Monday. Have a good weekend @pgn 

Message 35 of 39

Peter_L
  • 16 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi All,

If anyone has the same issue with activating Apple Watch Data Plan on O2 (£7 a month Apple Watch Plan), then here comes the solution slight_smile

My Data Plan was stuck on "O2 Activating" for almost 3 months and O2 didn't do much about helping me out with that. After nearly 3 months and nothing happening I've read some forums here and elsewhere and someone suggested the following (which helped me straight away).

The problem is with activating Apple Watch Data Plan if you've already had one in a past and cancelled it for any reason (i.e. you didn't want it anymore or for any other reason).

Probably this issue got something to do with your eSIM or SIM card in your iPhone (your mobile number) that is somehow still "stuck" with the old plan even after it was successfully deactivated. Because of this, O2 system doesn't allow you to activate a new Apple Watch Plan and you are stuck on "O2 Activating" literally forever.

Unfortunately at the moment probably the only solution that works is to UNPAIR your Apple Watch from your iPhone first and during the unpairing process REMOVE the data plan - if asked to keep it or remove it. This doesn't cancel your Apple Watch Plan, it only removes it from your Apple Watch so no worries about that.

Then only after you successfully unpaired your Apple Watch from your iPhone, you need to ask O2 to swap/replace your iPhone SIM card for a new one - either eSIM or a plastic one - depends on which one you use (either via O2 Customer Service or at O2 Store).

When you have your new SIM card activated, then go to your Apple Watch App on your iPhone and pair your Apple Watch to your iPhone again. It will get you to the point where you log in to your My O2 Account. Then choose the option: Buy a new Apple Watch Plan (£7 a month). And that's it. In a few minutes my Apple Watch Plan was successfully activated and it's working perfectly fine.

I just can't understand how O2 are not aware of this easy fix and instead they kept ringing me telling how "hard" they work on this issue to sort it out. Are they not aware that the only solution is to swap/replace customer's SIM card? If I wouldn't have found this solution on this Forum and elsewhere I would still be stuck on "O2 Activating" with no help from O2. I don't think this is acceptable.

I am posting this post to help others with the same issue. I hope it helps slight_smile

Message 36 of 39

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38278 Posts
  • 240 Topics
  • 1729 Solutions

Brilliant work, @Peter_L!

I'll ask the community manager @Kei-M_O2 if this tested way of approaching the problem can be added into the Activate Apple Watch Guide as a section somewhere... 

Great to hear you cracked it, excellent!

Message 37 of 39

Peter_L
  • 16 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you slight_smile Hopefully other customers won't struggle with this as long as I did open_mouth grin

Message 38 of 39

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 125794 Posts
  • 829 Topics
  • 7549 Solutions

Great post @Peter_L 

Hopefully it can be added to the existing guide. 👍

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 39 of 39