cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 SIM Only Plan & Apple Watch Ultra (Purchased from Apple)

watchowner19
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi there,

I’ve came to this community after having no luck over the phone trying to get advisors to understand my issue.

I have an Apple Watch Ultra 2 purchased brand new from the Apple Store, paired with my iPhone 15 Pro, on an O2 24 month SIM only plan, with an eSIM.

When I tried to activate my watch I waited over 24h to see if it’d activate, but it never so I removed the plan, and now I’m getting the message “We’re setting up your Apple Watch on the O2 network and we’ll text you when it’s all done. If you don’t receive a text within 24 hours, call 202 for free from your O2 mobile, quoting reference code 08.”

I’m getting this message even though there isn’t an eSIM saved on the watch itself, and this error prevents me from going through setup again even though I selected and approved the £7/mo payment.

I’d greatly appreciate any help you guys could offer because I’m at a loss of what to do now.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

watchowner19
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I should add I’ve tried unpairing and I’ve also taken a look at the community guide to activating a watch to follow steps associated with the 08 code, which unfortunately doesn’t fix the issue.

Message 2 of 3

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38205 Posts
  • 240 Topics
  • 1729 Solutions

The guide tells you to reach out to O2 via Social Media (X, Facebook, Instagram) for many of the 'oops' codes: Activate Apple Watch Guide - the link just below has each platform's URL. I used Direct Message on X for something Saturday morning, posted a nudge about an hour later, and had my answer by noon. Worth a shot! Good luck, @watchowner19.

Message 3 of 3