cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any other O2 customers having issues with the new ONLINE payment system.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just a query,

Since O2 have moved over to their new online payment system I cannot pay my bills using my RBS visa debit card. The system works ok if I use my Visa or Mastercard credit cards but I don't want to use credit to pay my bills!!!

The old system would pop up the RBS password verification system that you entered characters from your password into. However, the new system briefly pops up this box but then flashes off before any characters have a chance to be entered. Then a message pops up stating that the transaction has failed and to contact my bank.....

I have subsequently found that my card is no longer accepted on the automated system (202) and that the customer services reps cannot get it through the system.

To clarify, it is ONLY O2 where I am having issues using this card, everywhere else, wether it be online or in a shop, has no issues whatsoever...

So has anyone else had these or similar issues and have O2 managed to resolve them for you?

Message 1 of 76
75 REPLIES 75

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 125996 Posts
  • 832 Topics
  • 7551 Solutions

Absolutely outrageous if people get a poor credit rating due to a fault in O2's payment system Evil

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 41 of 76

gindygoo
Level 25: Hard Hitter
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions

That's a flipping right mess! Ppl getting black marks on their credit files because o2 decide to implement not fit for purpose payment page upgrades! I'd be fighting to have those marks rescinded. 

Message 42 of 76

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi guys,

I have raised the observations and views felt here and in other threads. I have also asked for any available info on improvements being made, as well as if we can do more.

If anyone has seen a clear difference in their own personal payments, please let me know what exactly has changed/improved/worsened and I can let the team know.

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 43 of 76

jonsie
  • 93989 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions

Fortunately I pay by direct debit but we need to know exactly what o2 are doing about this, particularly about default notifications and credit files. O2 are causing detrimental effects on people's lives for the next 6 years. It's a total disgrace that they put an untested system in place whereby people cannot pay their bills or even top up while the fat cats in the boardroom sit back with their families happily gorging on the turkey and wine without a care in the world.

Message 44 of 76

Cleoriff
  • 125996 Posts
  • 832 Topics
  • 7551 Solutions

As we have heard on another thread O2 has issued a default notice on one of our regulars who spent hours trying to make his online payments before and on time. Sickening...Evil

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 45 of 76

mmcguffie
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

i have had a similar problem with debit cards on the website, However I have found a solution !!

Install BLUESTACKS on your pc, its an android emulator, you can use this to install the android app for O2 and it will accept debit card payments, also if you have an android phone, update to the latest version of the o2 app and you can pay via your phone

Hope this will be of help to some people at least 

Message 46 of 76

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13536 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Fails in the app too.
Message 47 of 76

viridis
  • 13536 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions

Screenshot_2015-12-31-17-10-43.png

That was the other day 

Message 48 of 76

Cleoriff
  • 125996 Posts
  • 832 Topics
  • 7551 Solutions

@viridis Are you saying the Bluestacks app suggested by @mmcguffie does NOT work?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 49 of 76

viridis
  • 13536 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
No, the android app fails.
Message 50 of 76