cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any other O2 customers having issues with the new ONLINE payment system.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just a query,

Since O2 have moved over to their new online payment system I cannot pay my bills using my RBS visa debit card. The system works ok if I use my Visa or Mastercard credit cards but I don't want to use credit to pay my bills!!!

The old system would pop up the RBS password verification system that you entered characters from your password into. However, the new system briefly pops up this box but then flashes off before any characters have a chance to be entered. Then a message pops up stating that the transaction has failed and to contact my bank.....

I have subsequently found that my card is no longer accepted on the automated system (202) and that the customer services reps cannot get it through the system.

To clarify, it is ONLY O2 where I am having issues using this card, everywhere else, wether it be online or in a shop, has no issues whatsoever...

So has anyone else had these or similar issues and have O2 managed to resolve them for you?

Message 1 of 76
75 REPLIES 75

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123203 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

@viridis wrote:
No, the android app fails.

Thanks for that info... as I notice @mmcguffie posted the same info on three threads....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 51 of 76

MI5
  • 144780 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27735 Solutions
They must be on commission wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 52 of 76

Cleoriff
  • 123203 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
They must be on commission wink

My thoughts exactly....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 53 of 76

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions

So, as said, it fails, due to also using the same crap system that is obviously broken.

Screenshot_2016-01-05-08-40-48.png

You enter you details and hit pay...

Screenshot_2016-01-05-08-40-53.png

You even get the clicksafe page come up.

Screenshot_2016-01-05-08-40-58.png

It passes that and then goes to processing page.

Screenshot_2016-01-05-08-41-05.png

Then farts on itself and displays this.

A phone call to the bank will then show that not only is the card ok and active, but they have no record at all of this decline and no history of any declines from o2.

Message 54 of 76

Cleoriff
  • 123203 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

So the bank has no record of any attempted transaction...BUT O2 will issue default notices???? Evil

Sickening...absolutely sickening....Smiley Mad

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 55 of 76

viridis
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Correct
Message 56 of 76

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have four O2 lines. I was unable to pay my bills on two lines (airtime and phone plans) so got four default notices in last month. I'm currently still unable to pay my bills online. It's a complete ******* joke.
Message 57 of 76

viridis
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
I'm expecting more defaults too tbh,
I tell ya, this last month I've felt really alienated by o2, not my usual happy customer experience and a multitude of problems has left me feeling cold.
Message 58 of 76

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

I can understand how customers must be livid when they find defaults through no fault of their own. O2 need to get this fixed now and remove, without question, any defaults wrongly marked on customer credit files immediately. 

Message 59 of 76

Cleoriff
  • 123203 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

I can understand how customers must be livid when they find defaults through no fault of their own. O2 need to get this fixed now and remove, without question, any defaults wrongly marked on customer credit files immediately. 

I would be more than livid if this happened to me. A default on your credit file can be life changing. I find it absolutely appalling that innocent people are experiencing this. Unable to make payments on time through no fault of their own yet O2 are really speedy with the default notices. I wonder how quickly they will act to remove all trace of them...? Terrible...really terrible.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 60 of 76