Did you mean: 

Upgrades with MPD nightmare

Sarah64
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi

is anyone else having issues with ordering upgrades with MPD and upgrading with O2?

been a customer with 02 for years never had issues with upgrading with MPD before, this time so far I’ve been waiting 10 days. MPD are saying there are technical issues at 02 and “some” customers orders are getting stuck in the system. 02 seem to know nothing about this when speaking to them and neither can do anything about it. Does anyone have any suggestions or anyone having the same issue? 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10259 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3021 Solutions

@Sarah64 

Unfortunately you need to persevere with MPD aka Ao.com and get them to fix there system issue and how it connects to o2, as no one in o2's front line CS or Sales Teams will have any clue nor any involvement, and cant fix it.. 

MPD/AO need to fix whatever the issue is, and give there IT team a kick up the backside.... 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 6

Sarah64
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you for the advise.

have you had the same issue?

I have rung them several times and all I get from them is that there is an error on the system which is “waiting 02 ID” MPD say they cannot do anything! 

Message 3 of 6

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6738 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 1509 Solutions

MPD should have stopped doing upgrades when this happened. It's gone on for a couple of months now and once they make a sale they wash their hands of the affair.

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 4 of 6

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10259 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3021 Solutions

@Sarah64 

I haven't as I do all my upgrades / Switch Ups with o2 direct. 

Sounds like MPD are passing the buck, and something isnt connecting to o2 from the MPD Backend.. I am very surprised with their response as normally they are very good at customer service well Ao.com are...

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 5 of 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144833 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27772 Solutions

Yet again, the issue here is due to the new 360 system and customer migration.

It's been happening for months with no sign of resolution so far.

It will be quicker to cancel the upgrade and take a new contract through MPD, then port your current number out to another network PAYG, then port back in to your new O2 contract.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 6