cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Penalised for having switch up

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

I have the 150GB Plus tariff which has switch up.

I went to store to pre order the Pixel 9 pro XL 512gb Obsidian as I'm a switch up customer this needs to be done in-store. Which suits me as it happens then I know my existing phone passed the checks. 

Anyway, stores cannot sell the pixel 9 pro XL 512gb obsidian as it does not appear on pre order system, every other version does. 

Complained in store and they said they'd contact area manager on Wednesday, on Thursday they still couldn't say when or if it would become available on the system for switch up customers in store. 

I spent 1.5 hours on the phone with 202 yesterday and they eventually said you can do this in store. Today I went to another store who said the same... It does not appear on our system to sell as pre order for switch up but you can buy as new customer then cancel and we'll do that one for you on the 22nd but we cannot guarantee the current tariff and Numerous credit checks? I said I don't think so...

I just spoke to my original store who said call 202 and make a complaint nothing the store can do, I said go back to your area manager the complaint I have is against the store not fulfilling the contractual obligations they sold me last October. 

I've suggested they speak to the area manager again and seek resolution...

Does anyone know how I resolve this, get the tariff and phone on the day that's available on release day? Any complaint number that listen? Breaching their contract by not allowing switch up...

Or can I go into store order the most expensive pay monthly phone on switch up then cancel as it's within 14 days and move to somewhere that has customer services?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Enlli
Level 67: Unsung hero
  • 7791 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 1643 Solutions

So where you are thinking of going that has something like Switch Up, or are you prepared to stick with the phone you get off them for the full term of the contract?

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 8

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 11299 Posts
  • 62 Topics
  • 3153 Solutions

@Anonymous 

You still need to need to pass Credit and Affordability checks on Switch Up, you cant avoid them now...

A few stores will only do Switch Up's to new handsets on day of release due to them having to check the phones, and for high demand handsets, they wont even do it for upgrades (this has been the same for many years)..  a lot of stores will take a £50 deposit, and to be honest I cant see the Pixel 9XL been a popular handset in the 512GB version, so just do it on release day.. 

I think by getting the back up of the store staff, they wont be inclined to help you, and you could also try to do an online switchup or give sales a call on 0800 081 0255

And if you are going to do what you are thinking avoid the 2 stores you have been too, as if you go to them they will call you out...

--
iPhone 15 Pro Max - o2 and Spusu
Xperia 1V - Spusu

--
This is not customer services and we dont have access to your account
I do not work for o2 or any VMo2 /Telefonica/Liberty Global Company
Message 3 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Upgrade anytime from EE... Haven't looked at specifics though... It exists if you look...

Message 4 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've been respectful to store staff, they agree...I have no credit check issues! I'll pass anything. 

The point is 512 is free upgrade from 256... So it is popular...I can switch up to the Sony 1 vi which is much more expensive without any issues in store... Only the pixel 9 pro XL is not on their systems...

Is it not worth considering that O2 cannot deliver on its switch up service customers pay for? It's part of the contract which they have responsibility to deliver. It's a paid for service yet it's blocked. It makes no sense... Cost isn't the issue as I could buy a much more expensive phone every 3 months...I don't

Message 5 of 8

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38217 Posts
  • 240 Topics
  • 1729 Solutions
Message 6 of 8

Enlli
Level 67: Unsung hero
  • 7791 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 1643 Solutions

Yep....

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 7 of 8

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93902 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7017 Solutions