cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A mini guide to doing a Sim Swap on O2

Anonymous
Not applicable

Note: please refer to an updated version of this guide in our How-to Guides section, here. slight_smile

Community_STS_PAC2.png
Community_STS_1.png Community_STS_2.png
Message 1 of 100
99 REPLIES 99

Anonymous
Not applicable

Help?? I want to put my sim card back in my old phone (new one is awful!) to use - how do I do that?

Message 11 of 100

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149560 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28500 Solutions
Take the sim out of one phone and place it in the other.
If phones require a different size sim you can get adaptors or do a sim swap in any o2 shop.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 12 of 100

Anonymous
Not applicable

Do the contacts on the old SIM get copied across to the new one?

Message 13 of 100

jonsie
  • 94073 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions

No anything stored on the sim will be lost. You need to store anything on the sim to the phone.

Message 14 of 100

MI5
  • 149560 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28500 Solutions
O2 stores used to provide a service whereby they would swap over contacts and other data stored on the sim card bit I'm not sure if they still do.
Much easier these days to store everything on the phone.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 15 of 100

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

thanks for the guide, but what happens if your old sim doesn't work so I can't get a text message from O2 to activate it?

thanks

Message 16 of 100

MI5
  • 149560 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28500 Solutions
You have to call CS
http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
Message 17 of 100

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ah, okay. Thanks
Message 18 of 100

MI5
  • 149560 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28500 Solutions
Anytime mate
Message 19 of 100

Anonymous
Not applicable

The Sim swap guide is good if you're staying with O2.  How do I do it if I want to change provider?

Message 20 of 100