Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlocking problems

Baffled
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi can anyone help me get an unlocking code that actually works.

Ive now had 3 codes and none have worked. I tried the online chat and got cut off.

Thanks for any info.

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144291 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27658 Solutions

@Baffled 

Follow the help here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/Unlocking-an-O2-phone-to-use-a-different-SIM-card/ba-p/1...

but if still having problems, I'll ask @EmilieT to help.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 15

Baffled
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi @MI5  thanks for your reply. Tried that link but unfortunately it was dead. 

Do you think EmilieT will be able to sort this out? Thanksthumbsup 

Message 3 of 15

MI5
  • 144291 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27658 Solutions
Try this @Baffled https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/Unlocking-an-O2-phone-to-use-a-different-SIM-card/ba-p/1... and I'm sure @EmilieT will help if needed.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 15

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Thanks @MI5 for the advice and the mention!

@Baffled I've just replied to your Private Message - I need a few more details first before I can get someone to look into this for you, so it'd be great if you could reply to my PM when you have some time today slight_smile 

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 5 of 15

Baffled
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

So I got the Guru call but missed it as I was at work at the time. A week later they called back.

I was given another code and was told they would call back the following day at 10 am to see if it had worked.

Did it work? Nope!

Did they call back ? Nope

That was 2 days ago. No call back, still no working phone....?.......

Time for Ofcom ?

Message 6 of 15

Cleoriff
  • 122895 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

@Baffled wrote:

So I got the Guru call but missed it as I was at work at the time. A week later they called back.

I was given another code and was told they would call back the following day at 10 am to see if it had worked.

Did it work? Nope!

Did they call back ? Nope

That was 2 days ago. No call back, still no working phone....?.......

Time for Ofcom ?

Not yet @Baffled . I will mention @EmilieT  again, although she wont be back till Monday now. She normally has a great success rate with getting phones unlocked.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 15

MI5
  • 144291 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27658 Solutions
I suspect the phone is now hardlocked due to too many wrong attempts.
O2 should replace the phone for you if you purchased it new from them.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 15

Baffled
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks guys thumbsup

More info

I think I'll wait for it to be sorted rather than ofcom it yet..

Im going to ask for a replacement phone as i cant be expected to keep waiting and waiting....

Annoyingly i missed a call from customer services at 5pm  tonight. I cant keep permanent hold of a dead phone for days on end on the off chance they call me?

It would be so much easier if you could call them back but you cant do that on that number which is stupid if you ask me.

Anyway have a good weekend guys. cool
Message 9 of 15

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@Baffled I'm sorry to hear you're still having some troubles with this - I've passed on all the latest info you posted with the gurus so they can look into it with you shortly slight_smile

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 10 of 15