Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to send text messages

Button_Moon
Level 1: Joiner
  • 8 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have just inserted by new O2 SIM card, topped up with £10, and texted FREE10 to 21500 as per the email. However, the text doesn't send and I get a Not Delivered error (iPhone).

Any ideas?

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Button_Moon
  • 8 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Good point, hadn't tried until now.

No, I can't text any numbers, they all fail. I can make calls fine.

Message 3 of 13

MI5
  • 143437 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Try a reboot and a reset of your network settings.
Your message centre number may be wrong or not updated.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 13

Button_Moon
  • 8 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I've now done that, but still no change. I also went to Settings - General to check for a carrier update; there was one which I updated and then rebooted again, but still no change.

I've tried *#5005*7672# to check the message centre number, as described in the post below, but it Unknown Error.

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Apple/Cant-send-texts-on-iPhone-5/td-p/306784

Message 5 of 13

Button_Moon
  • 8 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Just been looking at this:

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-As-You-Go/iPhone-8-PAYG-Cannot-Send-SMS-Messages/td-p/1228404/page...

Looks like the same problem, which is a faulty SIM, and means a visit to an O2 store to do a SIM swap. Not a great start.
Message 6 of 13

MI5
  • 143437 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
That does sound most likely.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 13

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@Button_Moon Do let us know how the SIM swap goes please! If you need any further help afterwards we can also get someone on our end to look into it for you slight_smile

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 8 of 13

Button_Moon
  • 8 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for all the help.

SMS messages will now send, having changed absolutely nothing. For some reason it took nearly 24 hours after activating the SIM card for everything to catch up, but now I can send successfuly. However...

...when I text FREE10 I get the message "It looks like this offer isn't for you" even though I have 2 emails from O2 telling me it is, and that I shouldn't forget to claim it. Any ideas? Maybe something @EmilieT could help with?

Message 9 of 13

jonsie
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I think it needs to be applied manually now. You can either call customer service yourself or wait until @EmilieT gives them a nudge.

Good to hear texts are now sending ok.smiling

Message 10 of 13