Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Was offered 20% off second number, but not showing on bill

Sansovino
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

When my £8.70 (former Virgin Mobile) SIM only contract expired, I got a message from O2 saying it was going up to £18.79 I think. On June 28 I rang 202 and spoke to a lady saying I was thinking of leaving, and asked if I could get a deal. She found me a deal for £10, and asked if there was anyone else in the house with a mobile, as she might be able to add a second O2 number. I said my wife could switch from EE PAYG so the lady offered me a second line at £8 but - she said - with 20% off making it £6.40. All we had to do was text LOYALTY to 21500. Once her EE number was ported we did this on 7th July from the phone with the additional SIM. Back came a message:

Thanks for your text. We just need a few more details and then you're good to go. Please can you send us the keyword LOYALTY, your existing phone number and all additional Pay Monthly Phone numbers to check your eligibility

We sent a message like this

LOYALTY first number 07504 123456 additional number for 20% discount is 07849 456789

We got back this

Got it! We need to check a few things to confirm eligibility, a communication will be sent within 3 working days to your mobile number. Thanks.

Well, it's 8 days later, nothing back, and bill showing as £10.13 + £8.80 (not £10.00 + £6.40 as expected)

Have we screwed up with the LOYALTY message? The lady (whose name I noted) said that the call was recorded to back up the 20% discount. I don't see any live chat option on the website. What should I do?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 148207 Posts
  • 638 Topics
  • 28393 Solutions

@Sansovino 

No need for additional details in the text, just the two numbers separated by a comma.

Post flagged for public display of numbers.

Guide: O2 Open & Friends and Family discounts - How to sign up 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 4

Sansovino
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@MI5wrote...

Post flagged for public display of numbers.

Er, those numbers were strongly disguised by me (or so I thought!!) 123456 and 456789  ... dummy last 6 digits? So as not to give away personal data??? Maybe that would have been clearer if I'd used Xs

Do you think sending my message in the format I showed made the discount fail?

Message 3 of 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 148207 Posts
  • 638 Topics
  • 28393 Solutions

@Sansovino 

For all we know, they could have been gold numbers so yes, use x's in future.

Try requesting the discount through your myO2.

https://www.o2.co.uk/multisave

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 4 of 4