Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to receive texts from one person only

MLaw
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello, I changed from O2 to EE, but changed back again within a week due to network coverage, since then I have one contact I am unble to receive texts from, I can send and she will get them, but she is unable to answer me, I have not blocked her but cannot rectify this problem, any ideas?

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@MLaw are you 100% certain the number isn't blocked in your message spam list?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 11

MLaw
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
99%, I'm not very technically minded, if i look at the contact list and her name, am I correct to think it would state if it was blocked?
Message 3 of 11

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@MLaw only for calls in there. Open your message app and go to settings, then look for spam or blocked numbers in there.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 11

MLaw
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
thanks I just checked and there are no blocked numbers in there,
Message 5 of 11

MLaw
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
If I am ever able to get through to customer service (!) I will see if they have any ideas.....
Message 6 of 11

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
It's most unusual to only have one number playing up if not blocked. I would completely delete the contact from the phone and reboot before trying again to receive a text.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 11

Aprilgl
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I've had the same experience. One person receives my text but she can't respond. I believe she said the error message she gets says my number is not a valid number. Strange as even friends abroad can contact me.

Message 8 of 11

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@Aprilgl wrote:

I've had the same experience. One person receives my text but she can't respond. I believe she said the error message she gets says my number is not a valid number. Strange as even friends abroad can contact me.

You have blocked her I'm afraid. Open one of her previous messages and check the message settings.

Message 9 of 11

MLaw
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
mine is definitely not blocked and I've rebooted but still no luck..
Message 10 of 11