Did you mean: 

The £10 data Big bundle - HELP!

GrumpyOldGit13
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi guys....

I'm probably old enough to be your grandad, so please accept my apologies for this "rookie" question.

I've spent nearly 3 hours on "Live Chat" trying to get a clear answer to what I thought were two simple questions:-

1. In the £10 data Big Bundle, what UK numbers are included in my 500 minutes monthly allowance?.

I ask because if you look at the tariff, it says, for example 35p/min to UK landlines, but it doesn't say "after you have used up your monthly minutes allowance". I dont expect premium rate numbers to be included, and I expect the usual "0800" numbers to be free.

Looking at the charges, it looks like the majority of calls are relatively expensive compared to the "1/2/3 PAYG tariff", which can't be the case (can it?).

The other thing which isn't clear is :-

2. How to pay for the bundle.

OK, it's my first smart phone and I'm approaching 70, so I was sort of hoping to set up a standing order for £10/month, but reading the details it just keeps saying "until your credit runs out".

So how do I top it up? Do I have to remember to cal 4444? And what happens if I exceed any of the allowances and I have no credit left?

Does the phone cut out?

Do I get a sudden bill for the excess?

Do a herd of centaurs gallop past my window bearing a banner reading "Burn the Warlock"?

It's all quite confusing, so can any kind soul help a befuddled old fool?

Message 1 of 21
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146940 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28263 Solutions
Hi, all numbers starting 01,02,03 and 07 along with 0800 numbers are included in your allowances. The charges only apply once you run out of minutes.
Ways to top up are on this thread and you can set an auto top up so you don't have to remember
https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/How-can-I-pay-my-bill-or-Ways-to-pay-guidelines/ba-p/101...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 21
20 REPLIES 20

MI5
  • 146940 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28263 Solutions
Hi, all numbers starting 01,02,03 and 07 along with 0800 numbers are included in your allowances. The charges only apply once you run out of minutes.
Ways to top up are on this thread and you can set an auto top up so you don't have to remember
https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/How-can-I-pay-my-bill-or-Ways-to-pay-guidelines/ba-p/101...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 21

Cleoriff
  • 124222 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7513 Solutions

Welcome to the forum @GrumpyOldGit13 Welcome

You're not old enough to be my grandad as I'm 3 years older than your good self and have learnt a lot since becoming a member of this forum.

As someone once said to me... 'the only daft question is the one you never ask'.

So, please pop back here anytime if you have more questions to ask wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 21

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hi @GrumpyOldGit13 and welcome to the forum Wave I hope you find all the information above useful, and don't hesitate to ask anything else - every question is welcome here!

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 4 of 21

GrumpyOldGit13
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Very informative - thank you!

Message 5 of 21

GrumpyOldGit13
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi Cleoriff - nice to see some youngsters on a forum - I don't feel quite so lonely anymore!

Your quoted moto is one I use myself, having learned it several decades ago on a course for Systems Analysts at DISC (Dunchurc Industrial Staff College).

Some things just keep on getting better with age ( wish I was one, though!)...

Message 6 of 21

Cleoriff
  • 124222 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7513 Solutions

@GrumpyOldGit13   Is that the Dunchurch near Rugby? Not far from me then. A Coventry 'kid' born and bred but live in Warwickshire now as the houses were much cheaper than Coventry back in the day. wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 21

darrengf
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions

@GrumpyOldGit13 Welcome to the forum. 😀👍

I can see that you have been well looked after. 

As as the others have said, you are always welcome on the forum and never be afraid to ask any question.  There is no such thing as a daft question 👍 and @Cleoriff is right is saying the only daft question is the one you don’t ask.

How you getting on with your smart phone,  do you need any help? 

And if any any one starts galloping with signs outside my window saying burn the Warlock, I’m going to lock the doors and windows and start rocking. Mmmmm help 

Need Help, Just ask. We are one big Family here in the o2 Forum.
Use iPhone XS Max dual sim, SE, Honor 10, IPad Pro 11, Apple Watch 4 LTE, 100+ Mpbs Barrier and a Record Player.

Message 8 of 21

darrengf
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions

Just asked @Marjo or @EmilieT to move it to PAYG section if we can for you 😀👍

Need Help, Just ask. We are one big Family here in the o2 Forum.
Use iPhone XS Max dual sim, SE, Honor 10, IPad Pro 11, Apple Watch 4 LTE, 100+ Mpbs Barrier and a Record Player.

Message 9 of 21

GrumpyOldGit13
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi all....

Yes, the Dunchurch was the one near Rugby, and that was in the days when we defined "foreigners" as "anyone what spoke funny", so as a native of God's Own County (if you have to ask, you're beyond hope!) there were plenty of "furriners" about.

For what it's worth, finding out "How to  ... ... ..." on a Moto C is damned near impossible on Mr. Google.

Presumably Lenovo have paid Google to push their more recent models to the top of the results list, and even the apparently relevant results seem to be included because of something like "... unlike the Moto C, on the Moto G4 you can ...".

That's why I find the forums like these invaluable!

And as a further (faintly) related topic, if like me you're registered blind, demonstrably daft and have fat arthritic fingers, try the FREE MessagEase keyboard application. It's FREE, it's only got nine big keys, and even an approximate prod / swipe works on this FREE application when selecting letters, the "keypad" is programmable, and it has "Macros", or shortcut keys, (e.g. keying "@wfbt" results in "Waiting for urgent brain transplant")

And did I mention that it's FREE?

And no, I don't work for them or have shares in them; neither am I married to the CEO or even the Assistant Tea-stirrer's Mate.

It's just a bloody good FREE application.

And it's FREE.

(Perhaps the virtual worship of the word "free" may give a hint to the location of "God's Own County"?)

Message 10 of 21