Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prepay Credit Expires?

diablo30
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi all. When I check my credit on the o2 app, it says “expires on 26 December” (Today is 26 Nov) My wife’s phone is showing the same.

I thought prepay credit didn’t expire?
Message 1 of 28
27 REPLIES 27

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Cheers for the mention here @Cleoriff!

@diablo30@Pete58 I'll ask our Guru team if they're aware of this and what it means. They may need some details from you so I'll drop you both a message if this is the case. 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 11 of 28

Cleoriff
  • 122355 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Thanks @Martin-O2 . It would  be interesting to know if this is anything to do with O2 wanting all PAYG customers to move to Big Bundles. Currently @diablo30  and @Pete58  are both on Classic PAYG

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 12 of 28

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
If that's what they are intending the three classic PAYG numbers I have with O2 will all be moving to Three.
One is my 84 year old mother's phone, one in a tracker and one in a MiFi device for mapping updates. All are low use and do not justify £10 a month each for me.
I can get the same as I get now on Three so will be moving them, not that O2 will care if that's their intention anyway. Mind you, when did they ever actually care about their customers?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 13 of 28

Pete58
Level 3: Thinker
  • 40 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Thanks @Martin-O2 and thanks @Cleoriff for bringing it to the attention of Martin I was wondering if they are going to shut down classic payg completely
Message 14 of 28

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

@Pete58@diablo30@Cleoriff@MI5 I've had a response on this and the expiry date you're seeing is due to a technical issue with My O2. Your credit will not expire and this error should be corrected with an update soon. wink

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!

signature

Message 15 of 28

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

Oh, another glitch !

Good news at least tongue_winking

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 16 of 28

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Pete58 wrote:
 I was wondering if they are going to shut down classic payg completely

As I think you may be aware, the classic tariff is no longer available to new customers, however, historically, when tariffs have been discontinued, customers already on that tariff have been allowed to stay on it.

Currently using:
Message 17 of 28

Pete58
Level 3: Thinker
  • 40 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Thanks for the good news @Martin-O2 much appreciated will let my brother know put his mind at ease and @MI5 thanks for your reply as well, just when I saw the message I thought the worse
Message 18 of 28

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

@MI5 Yes fingers crossed this will be sorted soon but if you see anyone else affected feel free to spread the good news! wink

No worries @Pete58! I'm happy I was able to get a quick answer for you. slight_smile

signature

Message 19 of 28

diablo30
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks everyone!
Message 20 of 28