Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay As You Go

Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: Prepay Credit Expires?

Cheers for the mention here @Cleoriff!

@diablo30@Pete58 I'll ask our Guru team if they're aware of this and what it means. They may need some details from you so I'll drop you both a message if this is the case. 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? See if the My O2 how-to guide will help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? Smiley Happy
signature

Highlighted
Topics: 715

Thanks @Martin-O2 . It would  be interesting to know if this is anything to do with O2 wanting all PAYG customers to move to Big Bundles. Currently @diablo30  and @Pete58  are both on Classic PAYG

*The Game Is On*

Most-Helpful-MemberFriendliest-MemberMost-Useful-GuideBest-Feedbacker
Highlighted
Topics: 545
Solutions: 12,378

If that's what they are intending the three classic PAYG numbers I have with O2 will all be moving to Three.
One is my 84 year old mother's phone, one in a tracker and one in a MiFi device for mapping updates. All are low use and do not justify £10 a month each for me.
I can get the same as I get now on Three so will be moving them, not that O2 will care if that's their intention anyway. Mind you, when did they ever actually care about their customers?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone 8+ (EE)
Highlighted
Level 3: Thinker

Thanks @Martin-O2 and thanks @Cleoriff for bringing it to the attention of Martin I was wondering if they are going to shut down classic payg completely
Highlighted
Community Manager

@Pete58@diablo30@Cleoriff@MI5 I've had a response on this and the expiry date you're seeing is due to a technical issue with My O2. Your credit will not expire and this error should be corrected with an update soon. wink

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!

signature

Highlighted

Oh, another glitch !

Good news at least tongue winking

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Highlighted

@Pete58 wrote:
 I was wondering if they are going to shut down classic payg completely

As I think you may be aware, the classic tariff is no longer available to new customers, however, historically, when tariffs have been discontinued, customers already on that tariff have been allowed to stay on it.

Currently using:
Highlighted
Level 3: Thinker

Thanks for the good news @Martin-O2 much appreciated will let my brother know put his mind at ease and @MI5 thanks for your reply as well, just when I saw the message I thought the worse
Highlighted
Community Manager

@MI5 Yes fingers crossed this will be sorted soon but if you see anyone else affected feel free to spread the good news! wink

No worries @Pete58! I'm happy I was able to get a quick answer for you. slight smile

signature

Highlighted
Level 1: Joiner

Thanks everyone!