Did you mean: 

Pay and Go hub

Martin-O2
Former Staff
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hey everyone, 

Welcome the to the Pay and Go hub! This thread is a handy index where you can find help and information about the main Pay and Go questions that we see on the community. 

If you have a question about topping up your balance, setting up auto topups or issues topping up then take a look at our community guide on how to top up your Pay and Go balance

If you're new to Pay and Go and need to activate your sim then all you need to to is topup for the first time. Please refer to this guide for all the ways to topup. If you have a Pay and Go data sim then follow the steps in this FAQ to activate your data sim. 

For questions about tariffs and changing your tariff, this FAQ will have the answers you need. 

If you want to know more about Pay and Go rewards then check out this handy article for more information. 

One important thing to remember about Pay and Go sims is that you must make a chargeable text message or call at least once every 6 months or the sim will be disconnected. If you forget and this does happen no need to worry, a quick call to customer services and you can get the sim reconnected. 

Please do let us know if you have any questions that are not covered in in this post and if you have any suggestions on what else we can include in this topic then feel free to give us a heads up in the comments below! 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 80
79 REPLIES 79

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92913 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Very probably if you haven't used it a while

We’re just customers like you but it sounds like you’ll need someone to access your account which can’t be done from here. If you message O2 using the links below, they should be able to help you with this

Message 41 of 80

RavenStarrdust
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi! :] I was directed here through live chat and I just wanted to ask for some help on an issue I'm having. So for the past few days I've been trying to top up my Pay As You Go mobile online with my debit card but whenever I do, I keep getting the error message "We couldn't process your payment. Sorry, it’s not been possible to take your payment. Your phone has not been topped up. Please try again or use another card. If the problem continues you’ll need to contact your bank." I've been trying over and over again for the past few days just in case it was like a "problem or glitch on that day" but it keeps happening - even when I tried to use the My O2 app. Before, topping up online always worked and I know that my debit card/bank account is okay though and that I can use it since I've been able to pay for groceries and other shopping over the past couple of days. So I really have no idea what's going on and I need to top up my phone to cover my tarrif for the next month by the 21st of April. What can I do or does anyone know what's going on so this could be fixed? Thank you!

Message 42 of 80

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@RavenStarrdust 

I know a few people are still having problems with cards currently. Lots of issues with different O2 systems. You may have to use a voucher Guide How to Top Up (PAYG) 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 43 of 80

RavenStarrdust
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Okay! Thank you! :]

Message 44 of 80

Megan29
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

how do i actually speak to someone about my PAYG number please?

I am abroad & need to make my 6m chargeable call so that my number is not disconnected. i have topped up but the £10 went to big bundle which is only for UK. how can i change it to normal credit please?

i have tried logging into my account but website wants to send me a text - i have not received the text.

Message 45 of 80

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Megan29 

If you message O2 on Facebook (https://o2uk.co/O2CFB) , Twitter (https://o2uk.co/O2CTW) or Instagram (https://o2uk.co/O2CIG) , they should be able to help you with this or just add another £10 credit.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 46 of 80

Malina1
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, how to switch off the balance notification after every single text or call?

Message 47 of 80

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Malina1 

Call 4445 and ask O2 to do it for you.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 48 of 80

Jose49
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, i have an O2 sim card pay as a since a long time, travelling a lot between London and Spain, and i am paying a lot topping up. i noticed that 02 is cgarging me 2£ daily and i not using a lot of data.

Also interested in an O2 plana unlimited data and calls in the uk and also abrad to make use my phone also in Spain, could you please help me about hat?

Message 49 of 80

kinga6786
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi - is there any way to turn off tariif? As I do not want any of them. Currently I am on 10 pounds bundle - i can change it but i can't find a way to turn it off 

Message 50 of 80