Did you mean: 

Pay and Go hub

Martin-O2
Former Staff
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hey everyone, 

Welcome the to the Pay and Go hub! This thread is a handy index where you can find help and information about the main Pay and Go questions that we see on the community. 

If you have a question about topping up your balance, setting up auto topups or issues topping up then take a look at our community guide on how to top up your Pay and Go balance

If you're new to Pay and Go and need to activate your sim then all you need to to is topup for the first time. Please refer to this guide for all the ways to topup. If you have a Pay and Go data sim then follow the steps in this FAQ to activate your data sim. 

For questions about tariffs and changing your tariff, this FAQ will have the answers you need. 

If you want to know more about Pay and Go rewards then check out this handy article for more information. 

One important thing to remember about Pay and Go sims is that you must make a chargeable text message or call at least once every 6 months or the sim will be disconnected. If you forget and this does happen no need to worry, a quick call to customer services and you can get the sim reconnected. 

Please do let us know if you have any questions that are not covered in in this post and if you have any suggestions on what else we can include in this topic then feel free to give us a heads up in the comments below! 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 80
79 REPLIES 79

Bear_1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, thanks for your reply slight_smile

On my iPad Air: Settings>About: Carrier = O2 36.0
Just assumed this meant O2?

Do you know how else I can find out if this info in settings isn't right?

Thnks

Message 71 of 80

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146925 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28262 Solutions

@Bear_1 

Get free sims off the other networks, EE, Three and Vodafone and try each one to see which is accepted. 

There's no need to top them up to try them.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 72 of 80

Bear_1
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@MI5 OK, all three of those on the way so will report back in a few days.
Thanks slight_smile

Message 73 of 80

mohammadimran
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Can someone please help me.  I have a pay as you go number (REMOVED) and I have been using it in Saudi Arabia since long time.  But now it has stopped working and not registering on the network.  I can't even do a Top Up from the website, it is failing, probably the number has been suspended due to non payment.  My UK bank account is linked to this number so I need to get it restored.  I'm ready to pay any extra charges for restoring the number, I just want it to be activated again.

Message 74 of 80

MI5
  • 146925 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28262 Solutions

@mohammadimran 

You need to call +44 7860 980 202 from another phone to get yours reactivated.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 75 of 80

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 10628 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 3094 Solutions

@mohammadimran 

Please remove your number from this public forum as you are liable for any spam or scams. 

When did you last top up and make a chargable action, such as made a call or sent a text message? As you need to do both to keep your account live.

Your only option is to call customer services on +44 800 081 0255 from another phone, as Skype is blocked if I recall is Saudi Arabia. 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 76 of 80

mohammadimran
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks a lot for your help

Message 77 of 80

MI5
  • 146925 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28262 Solutions

You're welcome @mohammadimran 

Message 78 of 80

ClaireUK
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have a pay monthly contract, I recently paid off my device plan and am looking to switch to pay as you go. If I make the move can I keep my current number and I currently pay for insurance with O2 via my contract, is this something I can keep or do I need to take out a separate insurance?

Message 79 of 80

MI5
  • 146925 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28262 Solutions

@ClaireUK 

You can keep your number, but will need to take insurance elsewhere.

Guide: Migration & porting into O2  

Message 80 of 80