cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long is my SIM card going to be active?

Iles
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I bought an O2 sim card in an O2 store in the UK in March 2022 (About 7-8 months ago) and I was told in the store by the staff that this sim card is going to last only 6 months. That is because I am not a uk citizen and therefore cannot make a contract based on my name.

I would like to know if there is a limit for the time I can use this sim card, if there is one at all.

I tried to find this information or at least my plan on the my O2 website but I can't really tell. I think it is called "Data bug bundle".

Thanks very much for the help and time you put into our questions.

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149983 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28564 Solutions

@Iles 

You need to top up at least once every 6 months to keep it active.

Guide How to Top Up (PAYG) 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
  • 149983 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28564 Solutions

@Iles 

You need to top up at least once every 6 months to keep it active.

Guide How to Top Up (PAYG) 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 4

Iles
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Sounds good. Thanks very much.

Message 3 of 4

MI5
  • 149983 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28564 Solutions

You're welcome

Message 4 of 4