Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto topup shambles (again)

adnydrum
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

This morning my auto topup failed; the text I received said 'declined by bank'. Checked and sufficient funds are available. Logged in to MyO2 and Auto Topup has disappeared from all screens/tabs. All I see when I click 'Top Up' is a page where I choose an amount then enter card details - nothing about the auto-topup which has been in place for ages. Started a chat; the advisor was polite but neither explained or solved the problem. Suggested I clear my browsing history and try again. Apart from being absurd that would have been inconvenient so I used a different browser, same result - no Auto Topup. Had to manually make a payment in order to get the coming month's balances applied. Brainwave: I searched for 'O2 Auto Topup' in a search engine, (in a different browser) and got to my existing Auto Topup details that way. I changed the registered card, and lo and behold a payment was taken immediately, therefore I have now topped-up twice this morning which is unacceptable, and still can't see Auto Topup within MyO2. This is not the first time I have experienced problems which O2 cannot adequately explain. After years of O2 Pay Monthly I went to PAYG as I don't need a new handset; now seriously looking to other providers as O2's customer service - and inexplicable technical issues - is now unacceptably poor.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122825 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@adnydrum

Thhere have been a couple of other people having issues with auto top up this week. I will tag our community managers to the thread in the hope they can find out more @Martin-O2 @EmilieT

Meanwhile, whilst it's being sorted you may want to look at other ways to top up?

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/How-to-Top-Up-PAYG/ba-p/1156408

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 7

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hi @adnydrum are you still having issues with this or is it sorted now? 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 4 of 7

adnydrum
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

Thanks for asking. As I said in my original (rambling) post, I effectively had no option but to top-up twice: once manually just to get my next month's PAYG bundle applied in time to roll-over date, then a second time it happened automatically when I added/registered a new payment card - how any company can get away with taking an unrequested payment just for the customer updating card details I will never understand the legality. Think I shall review the competition now; have had nothing but confusion ever since I moved from pay monthly to PAYG. My auto-topup has been cocked-up by chat agents online, and staff in an O2 store. In both situations THEY set things up - with problems - then things changed afterwards anyway, and O2 can never explain why what has happened, happened. Fed-up with being treated this way.

Message 5 of 7

Cleoriff
  • 122825 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

That's pretty poor @adnydrum!

@Martin-O2you should read the above...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 7

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Cheers for the tag @Cleoriffsmiling

I'm sorry to hear that you're still having difficulties with this @adnydrum. I can get someone to look into this but I'll need a few details to do so. I'll send you a private message so we can discuss further. wink

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 7 of 7