Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

obstinate voicemail

Imindors
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

On my wife's O2 mobile there is a voicemail that cannot be listened to and won't go away. How can she delete it?

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Call her phone and leave another voicemail, then listen to it and delete it, which should remove both of them.
General VM help here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/All-you-need-to-know-about-O2-Voicemail-901/ba-p/547712
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Call her phone and leave another voicemail, then listen to it and delete it, which should remove both of them.
General VM help here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/All-you-need-to-know-about-O2-Voicemail-901/ba-p/547712
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 4

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi @Imindors, any luck with the obstinate voicemail yet or is it still stuck? Let us know how you get on. slight_smile

Message 3 of 4

Imindors
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I eventually found a working method to eliminate the obstinate notification. The answer was to ring the voicemail number and use the menu system to access the settings. I changed the notification setting from 'notification bar' to 'text message'. After doing this the obstinate notification disappeared. I think/hope that when I change the setting back again it won't come back but I haven't got round to trying that yet. Thanks to all for their suggestions.

Message 4 of 4