Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

waiting 2 months for an accessory refund

Hawkkarl
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have been waiting 2 months for a refund on some earphones I bought off the o2 store, I tracked the delivery so I know it has been successfully returned.

They were bought as a birthday gift and were in stock at the time, however after ordering I receive an email stating that they actually had no stock but would be dispatched once they did - I ordered them elsewhere instead but was unable to cancel the o2 order as you cannot get in contact with customer service, and this has been an ongoing theme for the past two months, impossible to get help and im out more than £70.

No idea what to do, or who can help but I want my money back.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122382 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Hawkkarl 

You need to call O2. All numbers are in this guide Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

0800 587 4005 is the best one to try.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 6

O2Orlanda
O2 Support
O2 Support
  • 29 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

Hey hawkkarl sorry that your experiencing this I would suggest if speaking g to customer service hasn’t helped then try escalating this to the complaint review service below are the details,

Still not happy?

Our Complaint Review Service can help, but will need to prioritise some customers due to the current situation across the UK. With this in mind, please only contact the Complaint Review Service if you remain unhappy after using our other support channels. We know people are relying on our network, and that some of our customers will have an urgent need for support. For this reason, we’ll prioritise customers who are without service and experiencing financial difficulty. You can access your account 24 hours a day, seven days a week using the myo2 app . This is the easiest way to stay in touch and manage your customer service queries.

You can contact our Complaint Review Service directly by email or post.

O2 Complaints Review Service
PO BOX 694
Winchester
SO23 5AP

complaintreviewservice@o2.com

hope this helps.

signature
Message 3 of 6

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9992 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions
@Hawkkarl

Contact your bank and request a Chargeback for the amount you are waiting for to be refunded, and your bank will give you the money back whilst the pursue o2 for the refund.

Full details
https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/advice/how-do-i-use-chargeback
- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 4 of 6

LukasB
  • 1791 Posts
  • 177 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

Hey @Hawkkarl just checking on you. Did you get this sorted out or are you still having trouble?

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 5 of 6

Hawkkarl
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hey.
I managed to get in contact with customer service. However so far they have been unable to resolve the issue. I am to call back in a few days and hope the accessory has been marked as returned. I am doubtful this will be the case though as the tracked delivery arrived on 7th May and has still not been processed.
Message 6 of 6