cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ordering iTunes vouchers: invalid email address?

Jonk
Level 1: Joiner
  • 13 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Anyone ordered iTunes voucher recently?

Tried to order an iTunes voucher but keep getting an error (for all my email addresses): "Sorry, but that email doesn't seem to be valid email or there was an error". 

To test this, go to "http://www.o2vouchers.co.uk/", type in an email address and it will be rejected. Seems to me the web server is broken. Anyone had success?

Message 1 of 85
84 REPLIES 84

Jonk
  • 13 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Not really. The problem persists unfortunately.

I believe EmilieT has done a good job to communicate the problem. But the tech team that is responsible for this is either incompetent or fobbing off their front line staff, which is really sad for a company.

Message 71 of 85

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hi @Red3 and @Jonk!  No news to share I'm afraid, but as I mentioned previously I will keep on chasing this and any update I receive will be posted here slight_smile

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 72 of 85

Hammer1
  • 6 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

It's coming up on 3 months without a fix.

Is anyone looking into this at all?

Message 73 of 85

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@Hammer1 I chase updates on this regularly, and have doen so again last week. When I get any news I will make sure to share them with you!

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 74 of 85

Hammer1
  • 6 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi @Jonk

Have you been to work out why your hotmail account worked but your gmail one didn't?

Message 75 of 85

Jonk
  • 13 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Not really. Cannot figure out any logic at all.

Message 76 of 85

Hammer1
  • 6 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
If anyone could tell me how to register your email with o2 so you can order iTunes vouchers, it would be greatly appreciated.
Message 77 of 85

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
It would appear that you can't currently, until they fix the issue, but otherwise the link to do so is here https://www.o2.co.uk/charge-to-mobile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 78 of 85

Hammer1
  • 6 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Some people appear to of been able to get it to work.

EG@Jonk was able to do it with his hotmail account but his gmail didn't work

I don't understand why some people email addresses work and some don't like mine.

Message 79 of 85

Red3
  • 18 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

OK forget it, this isn't being worked on at all.

It's been 4 months since this, a relatively straight forward problem, was reported.

4 months

The truth is you can no longer buy iTunes vouchers using your o2 sim and you won't be able to for the forseeable future. 

Message 80 of 85