Did you mean: 

Dongle Connection Problems

Cazzaworld
Level 1: Joiner
  • 14 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi,
I am wondering if anyone can help. Since Sunday, I have lost connection on my Dongle. It says I can access the internet but I have no connection!?!?! I've never had this problem before. I've updated the drivers, reset my laptop, taken my sim card out and in again and tried different usb ports but still no luck. I am really worried as I start my new course next week and I am also starting some online training. Without my dongle working, I'm stuck as I don't have wifi at home and I am needing access to the internet on my laptop. Can anyone help me please?
Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Cazzaworld network issues help here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/How-can-I-sort-out-my-network-issues/ba-p/1014088 and you can use you phone SIM card to substitute for testing purposes .

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
Is it a pay as you go or a pay monthly dongle?
Have you tried the normal unplug it, turn laptop off, turn laptop on, plug it back in again?

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 2 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Cazzaworld

If I were you I would take it to the O2 store and get them to test it for you. It may need a new sim. Only they can check this.

You seem to have tried everything else, so this seems the only option left?

Best of luck, I hope you get it sorted and welcome to the forum Welcome

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 9

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Cazzaworld network issues help here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/How-can-I-sort-out-my-network-issues/ba-p/1014088 and you can use you phone SIM card to substitute for testing purposes .

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 9

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hi @Cazzaworld, I was wondering how you were getting on with this since you last posted? Did the suggestions above help you get your dongle working?

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 5 of 9

Cazzaworld
  • 14 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi everyone,

Sorry for the delay. Thanks for all your advice. Very helpful. Thankfully everything is working fine now. Not sure what happened though. Once again, thank you.

Cazzaworld grin

Message 6 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Cazzaworld

Did it just start working on it's own without doing anything? (Always good to know in case others have the same issue)

Either way, I'm pleased it's working now. wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 9

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Must have been a mast issue then I guess.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 9

DAVIDJB
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I had the same problem.  Turned out I was out of data.

KEEP THE DONGLE CONNECTED.

CLICK WINDOWS KEY 

CLICK SETTINGS

CLICK DEVICES

CLICK OTHER DEVICES

NOW CLICK REMOVE DEVICES (AND REMOVE THE DONGLE FROM THE COMPUTER AT THE SAME TIME)

NOW CLOSE ANY OPEN WINDOWS ON THE COMPUTER.

NOW PLUG THE DONGLE BACK ON.

THIS SHOULD BRING UP THE HUAWEI HOME SCREEN.

CLICK ON MESSAGES.

YOU MAY WELL SEE A MESSAGE THAT YOU'VE RUN OUT OF DATA.

SIMPLY CLICK ON THE TOP UP DATA AND HOPEFULLY ALL WILL BE GOOD!

Message 9 of 9