Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Other Products and Services

Level 1: Joiner
Accepted Solution

Advertisements on my 02 phone

So I am paying a small fortune for my handset and usage then I find I am bombarded with adverts ever time pick it up!

If the phone was free I would accept that I have to have adverts to pay for it - as in commercial television, but it's not free, so how do I remove the adverts!!!

If the BBC had adverts we woldn't pay a licence fee, but we do and it doesn't.

02, sort it out and don't tell me to buy an ad blocker, that's not an acceptable answer.

ps whilst typing this i have received the same advert 3 times, offering me an energy saving deal that i don't want and have already declined but there it is back on my phone again.

when I press 'home' symbol it goes to 02...so please don't tell me it's not your fault.

Instead, please tell me how to totally block the adverts on my 02 phone.

thanks

JonnieR

Topics: 535
Solutions: 11,467

Re: Advertisements on my 02 phone

@JonnieR it is entirely your fault and nothing that is controlled by any network at all.

You have downloaded an app or apps which contain airpush advertisements.

You need to download an app called Malwarebytes from your app store and run it once installed. It will identify any apps you have which contain malware, which should then be deleted from your phone.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone7 (EE)
Level 42: Skillful

You can also go through the app/play store and review what has been installed.
My wife had something called the In Launcher that did this. She claims no knowledge but I bet she clicked something in one of the (many) games she has on her phone...
Now using the LG V30.

Previously: LG G4, Sony Z1, HTC Sensation XE, Samsung Omnia i900
Try the Tech Galaxy Note 4
Try the Tech Lumia 640LTE and Microsoft Band
Topics: 548
Solutions: 3,428

Disable apps one by one until you find the one that is giving you problems. Battery and data saving apps are renowned for it.

Topics: 293
Kudos: 1,845
Ideas: 6
Solutions: 1,310

Also look for fake facebook messenger apps that was a culprit on a friends android phone thanks @viridis for the tips on that occasion 

iPhone xs 256gb on 20gb tariff o2 open discount
iPad Pro 11” 2018 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Henstridge Rural South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Highlighted
Level 1: Joiner

Thanks for all the various messages of help.

I'll work though them and see how I get on.

JonnieR