cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Huawei E5770 reset data counter

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I have 20 E5770 MiFi devices which run O2 Pocket Hotspot Plus web based management tool.

I can't find anywhere in this tool to reset the data counter or more importantly the data counter reset date.  i.e. our data billing period is from the 12th of each month, but the counter on the device resets on the 1st of the month which is pretty fairly useless to us as a guide to how much data has been consumed.

In the past we were supplied Netgear MiFi devices by O2, and these had a date reset option and came with the manufacturers web management tool (i.e. they were unbranded by O2).

I also have some unbranded Huawei devices which have the Huawei web management tool and they have the ability to reset the data counter date.  Therefore it seems to me that the option is lacking from the O2 branded software?

Any dieas?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143455 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
From memory you log onto MBB.o2.co.UK whilst connected through the dongle.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sadly, it won't let me log on with our numbers.  I assume because they're part of a business account, they don't work for MBB.

Also, it's not exactly what I want to do anyway.  I want to be able to tell the correct data usage on the hardware - which is possible with the original manufacturers software, just not the O2 branded software.

Message 3 of 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143455 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Can you not just log onto the device directly with it's ip address?
Usually 192.168.1.1
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 6

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous Did you manage to access the data management tool? 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 5 of 6

Daddydoink
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 450 Posts
  • 41 Topics
  • 3 Solutions
If you log in through 192.168.3.1, you can then modify the settings. It will also give you a pop out window to control the device if you want.

The counter seems to reset of it's own accord but there is a data countdown element on the home screen which I'll look and see if I can modify later...
Windows 10|SurfaceBook2-512|Lego|Wheelchair Reviews
Sony Xperia ZX Premium (because I loved the Try The Tech phone so much)
Sony Xperia XZ
Message 6 of 6