Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Virtual Lounge

Anonymous
Not applicable

well, fluffy onesie on + donkey brown boottee-tyle slippers

cuppa Twinnings tea = everyday variety, decaff + s/sk milk = no sugar +

Blue Ribband original choccy bic to hand

checking on my cat Marvellous Marty the Magnificent = beside me in his pet-bed under the wooden desk Cat

on which new basic desktop printer will be put = on or around next payday ..... I mean upon the wooden desk not upon the cat Smiley LOL 

kicked my old basic Epson printer in frustration many many months ago Destroy

therapeutic for me for about 3 nano-seconds but really, really bad for the printer Destroy

well, let's see if there are many takers for my initial entry into the off-top unofficial world of 'the lounge area'

WispaRed7 slight_smile

Message 1 of 7,616
7,615 REPLIES 7,615

Daddydoink
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 450 Posts
  • 41 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

@Cleoriff et al - I'm calling a sparky.  I'm admitting defeat with the lighting... which is a whole other story.

Windows 10|SurfaceBook2-512|Lego|Wheelchair Reviews
Sony Xperia ZX Premium (because I loved the Try The Tech phone so much)
Sony Xperia XZ
Message 5501 of 7,616

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12316 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1146 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

@gmarkj wrote:
not sure. you would imagine that an electrician could charge much more doing electrics...

Indeed...but I was talking about his 'home' skills...not his earning potential...:smileywink:

at least he can change the plug on the lawn mower in confidence! and knows not to run over the lead with it...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 5502 of 7,616

Cleoriff
  • 124127 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7513 Solutions

@Daddydoink wrote:

@Cleoriff et al - I'm calling a sparky.  I'm admitting defeat with the lighting... which is a whole other story.

I think that may be the best bet @Daddydoink. Better to be safe than sorry....Bow

electric shock.PNG

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5503 of 7,616

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146708 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28243 Solutions

@gmarkj wrote:

@Cleoriff wrote:

@gmarkj wrote:
not sure. you would imagine that an electrician could charge much more doing electrics...

Indeed...but I was talking about his 'home' skills...not his earning potential...:smileywink:

at least he can change the plug on the lawn mower in confidence! and knows not to run over the lead with it...

Ask him about trimming Cleo's bush then..... I dare you wink

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 5504 of 7,616

gmarkj
  • 12316 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1146 Solutions
erm... think i'll skip that one!!

although my beard is starting to get out of control...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Message 5505 of 7,616

Cleoriff
  • 124127 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7513 Solutions

@gmarkj wrote:
erm... think i'll skip that one!!

although my beard is starting to get out of control...

Coward....suffice it to say......it was 10 ft tall... 8ft across and 18years old. O/H was asked by me to 'trim it back' whilst I was in Spain. I came home to find a stump as he had razed it to the ground...and a destroyed fence....

He is still paying for that error of judgement....

Oh and she was called Jasmine Nudiflorum... Evil

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5506 of 7,616

jonsie
  • 93262 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

@Beenherebefore wrote:

@MI5 wrote:
Why does an electrician need to know about gardening?

I know why a gardener needs to know about electricity.

I cut through a relation's alarm cable while strimming (I lie, it was a brushcutter...the one with a 200mm diam metal serrated blade) her wild garden area.......didn't realise until the police grabbed me.

I did the same with a neighbours telephone cable....oh how we laughed....not!

Message 5507 of 7,616

gmarkj
  • 12316 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1146 Solutions
ah - due to the type of person I am (and my sense of humour) I made the assumption of a more personal nature being involved. Oops.
We have conifers both sides of our back garden. One side has been professionally done, the other by me. I think my one may be dying due to the colour it has gone... But it must be 14ft plus as least in the places I can't reach!

Message 5508 of 7,616

MI5
  • 146708 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28243 Solutions

@gmarkj wrote:
ah - due to the type of person I am (and my sense of humour) I made the assumption of a more personal nature being involved. Oops.

Shocked Astounded

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 5509 of 7,616

jonsie
  • 93262 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

I have some gorgeous conifers that I planted as miniature's around 15 years ago. They have grown a foot every year and are very low maintenance. That and grass cutting is as far as my interest now lies with gardening.

Message 5510 of 7,616