Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Faulty eSim

Albert3
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

So my eSim is faulty and I have no network other than my wifi.
I can order a new eSim from My O2.  Only I can't get into My O2 without an MFA access code, that O2 want to text me!

Seems more than a little dim to me.  No other option to receive via email or alternate number.

Virtual assistant is no better.  Tell them you have an issue and they force you to say you have either forgotten your username or password.  Can't progress until you select one or the other.

Who thinks up their business/support processes?  It would be nice to think someone at O2 reads these messages but I doubt it.  They would be too busy.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 37112 Posts
  • 238 Topics
  • 1687 Solutions

If WiFi is working, then you have the option of using Social Media - the ways to access O2 that route are in the link just below, @Albert3 - do nudge them every so often, it can take a couple of days for one of the team to engage with you via a private channel. Good luck!

Message 2 of 6

Enlli
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 6997 Posts
  • 51 Topics
  • 1566 Solutions

I said when they introduced these codes there were a significant number of scenarios where people would not be able to receive them.

Is O2's intention to make contact as difficult as possible?

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 3 of 6

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 37112 Posts
  • 238 Topics
  • 1687 Solutions

@Enlli wrote:

Is O2's intention to make contact as difficult as possible?

Unlike certain other such systems, eg eBay, there is no option to indicate the code should be sent via registered e-mail, for example, instead. As for your assertion: t'would seem so, @Enlli 🤷

Message 4 of 6

Oxonian
Level 31: Resolver
  • 7189 Posts
  • 137 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

@pgn 

I don't know if @Enlli's assertion is correct ; it could equally be incompetence and someone not thinking about the consequences of their actions. Would it be the first time that O2 have screwed-up ?   

Message 5 of 6

Oxonian
Level 31: Resolver
  • 7189 Posts
  • 137 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

@pgn wrote:

If WiFi is working, then you have the option of using Social Media - the ways to access O2 that route are in the link just below, @Albert3 - do nudge them every so often, it can take a couple of days for one of the team to engage with you via a private channel. Good luck!

@Albert3 

Skype is another contact option :- 

Guide: A Guide to Skype 

Or you could go into your local O2 retail store, with photographic identification (photo ID), as they might be able to help :-

Store locator | O2 UK | Find Your Nearest O2 Store

https://stores.o2.co.uk/

Message 6 of 6