Did you mean: 

Autumnal Bucket list

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hi everyone, 

The end of Summer, as bittersweet as it might be, marks the beginning of Autumn. 🍂

It's a gorgeous season, that brings many things to do, eat, and look forward to! I thought it might be interesting to share what our favourite things to do this season are, and I'll kick this off by listing a few of the things on my bucket list for the coming months:

Screen Shot 2018-10-11 at 13.56.18.png

• Enjoy all things cinammon
  • Step up your stew game
  • Feast on apples
  • Warm up by a bonfire
  • Make crumbles
  • Admire the trees and their autumnal colours
  • Plan Halloween night
  • Get cozy under a pile of blankets
  • Carve a Pumpkin

So what's on your bucket list this season?

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 50
49 REPLIES 49

Anonymous
Not applicable

@TallTrees wrote:

~ took this rose today, saw a couple of days ago and didn't expect it.

WP_20181022_10_14_00_Pro.jpgChilly out this morning 

Lovely looking rose @TallTrees ... the rose in my yard didn't have a bud on it this year, lolz

Talking of cordylines ... I too like them particularly the dark red / bronze colour ... they wouldn't grow in my yard as too cold & not enough sun ... my son & daughter-in-law have 2 of them in their back garden, they have not long moved into the house & Alex plans to really get to grips with the garden next year as a project ... the cordylines are architectural / statement plants arn't they?

Message 41 of 50

dgilbert2
Level 13: Prompter
  • 936 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 6 Solutions

Some lovly photos posted today grin

Its more like summer has arrived again yahoo

Message 42 of 50

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10777 Posts
  • 120 Topics
  • 348 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous

Yes they are a lovely statement plant ~  the two I have to re-plant (somewhere!) were in tall pots with

summer planting around but too big to stay there any longer.  The long lancet leaves make a lovely feature in the garden amongst lower plants.  

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 43 of 50

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi @TallTrees...it sounds like you have a lot of garden ☺️ from the photo of the 'palm-tree 🌴' it looks like your garden is warm and sunny 🌞 I enjoy sitting in my yard having a light bite amongst the pots of plants which 'look after themselves'... yes I'm a bit of a lazy gardener 🏡 🌷 🌸
Message 44 of 50

dgilbert2
  • 936 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 6 Solutions

Time for another photo to brighten the place up? Cat

Message 45 of 50

Anonymous
Not applicable

Image result for autumn leaves imagesJust a nice Autumn leaves pic off Google

My fave song at this time of year ... Forever Autumn by Justin Hayward, formerly of The Moody Blues

Message 46 of 50

dgilbert2
  • 936 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 6 Solutions

That brings back memories, listened to Jeff Wayne's War of the Worlds so many times 

War of the Worlds

Message 47 of 50

Anonymous
Not applicable

Good Evening @TallTrees my x-husband is now a landscape architect / urban design consultant

Only thing I vetoed was a garden pond when living in York, my son was too young for that

The train station in Skipton, where I live, has just planted up old 1/2 wooden water barrels & old platform wooden carts with Winter pansies & primulas

I love being in a garden, I love nature very much, in most if not all of its forms

Image result for winter pansies images

Image result for winter primulas images

Message 48 of 50

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10777 Posts
  • 120 Topics
  • 348 Solutions
Hi @Anonymous
Love pansies & Primulas lots of bright colours to jolly up winter 😁

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 49 of 50

dgilbert2
  • 936 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 6 Solutions

@TallTrees wrote:
Love pansies & Primulas lots of bright colours to jolly up winter 😁

I know what you mean, my wife plant "loads" of pansies every Autumn, does look nice I must admit. Most of our garden was that horrible dried brown colour all summer. We are not very good gardeners slight_frown 

Message 50 of 50