Did you mean: 

Credit file issue - arrangement to pay

annoyed123
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi wonder if anyone could help me.

in April 2023 I changed jobs and as a result asked o2 along with all my other accounts to change my payment date to be reflective of my salary payment. No problem o2 did this then nicked my direct debit up and ended up giving me £50 compensation because of the amount of time I’d spent on the phone trying to correct it.

we moved on.

I pay my o2 via their website as I’ve had nothing but issues with direct debits but hey ho this was working fine.

December 2023 I changed jobs again to a permanent position, called o2 changed the payment date and two weeks later a bill arrived for two months worth of subscription and airtime.

I have 4 mobile phone contracts, two watched and two iPads (whole family comes out of my account). I’ve been an o2 customer since around 2001 so quite lengthy.

I told o2 the payment of double was ridiculous and no one could explain why this bill had been generated. I was told to pay for my main number and then split the remainder over a two month payment link they sent me. No problem sounded like a good idea.

howeevrr, the next month I paid every outstanding payment plus the usual subscription etc and normality resumed…

cue trying to buy a house this month and I’ve now found out that o2 have recorded SIXTEEN arrangement to pay markers on my credit files that a) it just didn’t happen I paid it in full. b) some accounts show I’m 3 months in an arrangement to pay some accounts show I’m up to date and some show I’m still in an arrangement.

i stRted a complaint 29 days ago, zero response. I’ve asked for my information via an SAR to prove the conversations that took place. No response. I’ve escalated it to Equifax and Experian, no response except from Equifax to say they’ve confirmed the information with o2 so I know somewhere someone is working on this rubbish.

I’ve never ever had bad credit and this has pretty much screwed me for getting a 95% mortgage deal. No one seems to be able to help me and if I do find someone to help they tell me they will look into it and never do. I have 5 days before I can escalate this to the ombudsman. It’s been appalling customer service from o2, literally the worst company I’ve ever dealt with. 

help!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 23475 Posts
  • 1034 Topics
  • 3744 Solutions

@annoyed123 We are all customers with no access to anyone else's account information.

The only contact info we have regarding credit issues is below. They're not quick to respond:

creditfilereferrals@telefonica.com
Credit File Referrals Team
Suite P
Arlington Business Centre
Leeds
LS11 0NE
Fax 0113 2025865

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 3

Oxonian
Level 31: Resolver
  • 7412 Posts
  • 141 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

@annoyed123 

If you are intending escalating a formal complaint to the Ombudsman it is important that you get the process correct :-

Customer+Complaints+code+250523.pdf (o2.co.uk)

https://www.o2.co.uk/documents/456036/4246828/Customer+Complaints+code+250523.pdf

In particular :-

What happens next?
If you’re not happy after we’ve responded to your complaint, or if your complaint isn’t resolved after eight weeks, you may wish to refer your complaint to an Ombudsman. The Ombudsman is a free service, which will independently review your complaint. They investigate complaints fairly by listening to both sides of the story and looking at the facts. Their decision is binding on O2, but not on you as a customer. 

Hence, if you lodged your formal complaint 29 days' ago, you cannot escalate it in five days. And if you do so, the Ombudsman will simply reject your complaint. 👍  

Message 3 of 3