Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help needed - Mobile Restricted due to £0.00 overdue bill

gc13579
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Apologies for the long post. I am a new customer to O2 and I am experiencing some horrific customer service and system issue that is making me seriously consider submitting a complaint to OFCOM. 

I have joined O2 on the 30/04/2024 on a monthly airtime only plan. The issue can be summed up with this text: "Your bill of £0.00 is overdue as on 24/05/2024. So we've had to put further restrictions on your service ..."

I have talked to the IT team and after many hours of unproductive and frustrating waiting, they simply said it's an IT system issue. I have also raised a complaint with them and they closed it down in 1 day without any explanation. As of now - It still says I am over due. 

Timeline of events:

1.30/04/2024 - Joined O2 on a monthly airtime only plan

2. 01/05/2024 - Registered Direct Debit 

3. 15/05/2024 - Got a message saying "We’re just letting you know that we've cancelled your pending Direct Debit payment. This could be because you've made the payment early, there's a dispute on your account, or a credit has been applied to your account. You don't need to do anything in relation to this."

4. 18/05/2024 - Received message saying "Outstanding arrears: your device instalment of £0.00. Just a reminder that your bill of £0.00 is now overdue". I initially ignored this message because I know I setup my direct debit and it says I'm due £0.00 . Got confirmation text it was processed.

5.19/05/2024 - Manually checked the app and no payment seemed to go through. I manually the bill using apply pay. Rang up support to check if my credit score is going to be impact and they reassured there is no issue because they can see I paid my bills 1 day after it was due and no actual restrictions on account was made. 

6. 20/05/2024 - Continue to receive text about overdue by £0.00. Went to support to raise complaint. Got a CIT-XXXX ticket number. 

7. 21/05/2024 - Got a text saying my complaint was resolved with no explanation.

8. 24/05/2024 - My phone actually got restricted and cannot use internet dispute every support person re-assuming me it is fine. Tried to call my O2 support and I cannot get through to the person because the automatic voice say that I am in arrears by £0.00 and I need to pay that before I can reach support. Frustratingly, I paid the full bill again (Very stupid of me) but it still didn't work. I had to borrow my friend's phone to call support. . After escalating it to the payments team, they simply said it seems like a system issue and for now to get around the issue they just put me on a payment plan. I have also emailed a Subject matter request email address to see what's going on behind the scenes (Which they still haven't got back to be as acknowledged).

// To sum up, I have paid my bill twice, Spoken to countless customer support staff who all assure me I won't get restricted, raised a formal complaint which was closed without explanation. I don't even know if my credit score is impacted?  And to this day my account still says I am overdue. It is something I can make a complaint to OFCOM about?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 147435 Posts
  • 637 Topics
  • 28316 Solutions

@gc13579 

OFCOM don't deal with customer complaints. Your escalation is with the Ombudsman.

Code of conducy here Customer Complaints Code

Complaints here make a complaint

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 4

gc13579
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks. If you were in my situation what would you do? I just want this thing to be resolved but support just keeping me in a hold pattern whilst I keep getting restrictions and bill overdue notices. 

Message 3 of 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 147435 Posts
  • 637 Topics
  • 28316 Solutions

@gc13579 

I'd get everything sent to the Ombudsman for review and contact O2 on the UK based social media teams, as they seem to have more sense Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 4 of 4