Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Volt

Natalie12
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi I think I’ve been conned into something I didn’t understand…. 

I complained to Virgin that my WiFi was bad so they made me sign up to get a sim card saying it would boost WiFi in the house. I’ve never used the SIM card as I have no need for it/ no device to use it in. I was paying £5 a month for several months for it to sit on the windowsill so I cancelled the direct debit. I’m now getting threats to say I’ll have bad credit etc but I phoned to sort the problem and no one will help me as I don’t know the mobile number for the sim as I’ve never used it and it doesn’t have anything on the envelope. I have no paperwork for it whatsoever and now stuck with something g I dont want or need. How can I resolve this problem?? Please help as I’m worried this will affect my future. I’m still left with bad WiFi too! I can’t even set up the direct debit again as I have no details. I feel like they owe me money for selling me something I don’t need/ hasn’t fixed my problem. It’s really stressing me out that I don’t know how to solve this issue. The man I spoke to last night was so unhelpful. I gave him serial number for the sim and he said he can’t help me without the mobile number! 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 147812 Posts
  • 639 Topics
  • 28355 Solutions

@Natalie12 

Unfortunately this is typical these days.

make a complaint

For your wifi issue https://www.virginmedia.com/broadband/connect-app

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 6

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 10895 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 3121 Solutions

@Natalie12 

No you havent been conned, you signed up for a Volt plan which all include a sim card, and as such also come with a monthly charge, as you where told and will be on your Virgin Account, that it includes a sim card..

Cancelling the direct debit was the wrong thing to do, as you owe the money...  and Virgin Media have every right to increase your monthly Virgin Media bill to cover the discount you got when you took out the Volt Plan..  And just because you dont use it doesnt mean you dont pay for it... And you agreed to the contract..

You need to put the sim in a phone, and send a text or make a call to get the number.. and then ring o2 , and pay off the outstanding amount, and hope it hasnt gone to debt collection.. and then reinstate the Direct Debit and pay for it, or cancel the plan and pay off the remaining term.. 

If you think you where mis sold then this needs to be taken up with Virgin, via 0345 454 1111 or virginmedia.com 

--
iPhone 15 Pro Max - o2 and Spusu
Xperia 1V - Spusu

--
This is not customer services and we dont have access to your account
I do not work for o2 or any VMo2 /Telefonica/Liberty Global Company
Message 3 of 6

MI5
  • 147812 Posts
  • 639 Topics
  • 28355 Solutions

How can you say not conned!!!

Hard sell and confusing info abound from VM/O2 these days.

Customer calls up for a wifi issue and gets talked into a sim to solve it - laughable!!!

Con all day long.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 4 of 6

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 10895 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 3121 Solutions

@MI5 

So from what I take from actually reading the post, it sounds like the Op had bad WIFI and wanted the garbage pods to improve WIFI,. which if not on Volt are chargeable or not provided, so to get them they where upgraded to Volt, which the come for free, on application... hence the sim card was sent and the op agreed to the upgrade to the get the Pods, which by the sounds of it they havent requested... 

So no con.... 

But you do you and talk total BS as usual...

--
iPhone 15 Pro Max - o2 and Spusu
Xperia 1V - Spusu

--
This is not customer services and we dont have access to your account
I do not work for o2 or any VMo2 /Telefonica/Liberty Global Company
Message 5 of 6

MI5
  • 147812 Posts
  • 639 Topics
  • 28355 Solutions

Fanboy and no more BS than comes from you.

Message 6 of 6