cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does o2 say I've just used all my data?

Datausage
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Why does it say on my o2 app that I've used over 12gb out of my 15gb data allowance with 15 days to go and I've only used it a bit for Instagram Facebook etc. Yet my samsung s9 says I've only used under 3gb of data and they both renew settings on the 5th of each month?
Surely there can't be this VAST differnece of ovwr 10gb?! I've recently renewed my contract up to 15gb data and I only use 8gb data if that previously on the app and I am not using my data any differently yet!
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
You’ll have to call customer service to ask for the times when you’ve used the data and see if you can connect that to your activity.
Auto play video settings can use huge amounts of data too so check your app settings.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 6

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35222 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions
Simple things like not setting Twitter to never autoplay, or leaving Google Play set to download at any time instead of only on WiFi can chisel into your allowance rightly... Having your phone set to autoselect the stronger of WiFi and 4g can leave you using 4g when your WiFi signal is poor...
Message 3 of 6

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

The phone would record all and it's saying he has used less than 3GB so it's a problem with how O2 are recording data. I think customer service need to ask for this to be investigated.

Message 4 of 6

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35222 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

The phone would record all and it's saying he has used less than 3GB so it's a problem with how O2 are recording data. I think customer service need to ask for this to be investigated.

I'd be inclined to agree - there is a difference between my phone's report and my MyO2 app reported usage, never really figured out why - I do note that little bit of grey text above the phone stat though. 

Get onto O2 as @jonsie says, @Datausage- best time to talk (not we chat!) is between 8am and 08:30 UK time (I am in Spain currently, my screenshot shows GMT+2). 

You can also DM @O2 on Twitter, they are pretty good at helping out there. 

Phone stats:

Screenshot_20180822-084049__01.jpg

MyO2 stats:

Screenshot_20180822-084142__01.jpg

Message 5 of 6

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hi @Datausage, did the replies above help you understand better what's going on? Have you found out more since you last posted?

Welcome to the forum slight_smile

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 6 of 6