Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlock phone issues

MagsR
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I have a S8 that I purchased. I've just brought a new phone, but wish to give my old phone to my husband who is with EE. I have put his SIM card in my new phone and it works fine. I put it in my S8 and it comes up with a message to Enter SIM card unlock PIN. Which I do and it works fine. It then comes up with another message "SIM network PIN blocked. Enter SIM network PUK." I was told phone needed to be unlocked. I have an unlocking code but it doesn't work. Where / how do I enter the unlocking code?
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, this msg could be because you have entered the wrong unlock code too many times and the network is blocking you.

You will need to contact customer services.

Message 2 of 13

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@MagsR 

It's hard locked I'm afraid so you'll need an MCK code now.

The only way you'll get this is if @Martin-O2 @LukasB or @TheresaV can help you.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 13

MagsR
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I've called customer services several times and keep getting passed about without success. Its been going on for a couple of weeks now. I put code in correctly and called 02 when it didn't work. Only to be told it couldn't of been the correct code cause it came within an hour or so when it should take 7 days.
Message 4 of 13

MagsR
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks for the reply. I've called customer services several times and keep getting passed about without success. Its been going on for a couple of weeks now. I put code in correctly and called 02 when it didn't work. Only to be told it couldn't of been the correct code cause it came within an hour or so when it should take 7 days.
Message 5 of 13

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

Customer service won't know what you are talking about @MagsR 

One of our admin will contact you but probably not until tomorrow.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 13

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@MagsR The community admin have been tagged. One of them will respond to this thread and send you a Private Message. You will get an email notification that the message has been sent.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 7 of 13

MagsR
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Any help is appreciated. Just getting desperate now. I'm having to take my mum to a lot of hospital appointments so needing to get it sorted so I can keep in touch with hubby whilst I'm away.
Message 8 of 13

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@MagsR You most likely won't get a response until tomorrow now. We understand your frustration. Try to be patient, if you can. Good luck.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 9 of 13

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

Our community team will do the best they can to help you @MagsR 

Currently using:
Message 10 of 13