Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overseas charges and O2 help response

WSL
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Recent contact with O2 just proves what I’ve always thought – all contact centres are no good!

So I’m working overseas and using my mobile for calling UK or UK co’s are calling me so as expected call charges are going through the roof.

Receiving 1 or 2 emails a day from O2 saying your charges are high you must call O2 as your phone may have been stolen and we will stop data roaming within the next 24 hours if you dont call us. OK

So I call O2 in UK – costing me more charges so more emails! Help desk called on probably 5 occasions and all say ‘’don’t know what you are talking about’’ ‘’you have not received any emails from o2 apart from us for your account last month!!??? The emails urged me to call but help desk kept saying no no no you did not receive emails from us??? so more charges and unhelpful help desk. So what do i do? Have signed up for overseas cheap calls and so no more O2 costs! Their fault!

Bizarre!

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

WSL
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I also said to all the help desk people can i pay some off my account as charges at the £400 level - ''no no no need'' ''you have a zero balance'' they could put me through to payment desk but that would incur more call charges and more emails!! Just bizarre support!

Message 2 of 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149394 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28495 Solutions

@WSL 

We’re just customers like you but it sounds like you’ll need someone to access your account which can’t be done from here. If you message O2 on Facebook (https://o2uk.co/O2CFB) , Twitter (https://o2uk.co/O2CTW) or Instagram (https://o2uk.co/O2CIG) , they should be able to help you with this
Thanks

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 3 of 9

WSL
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I dont do FaceTube and they can access my account when i call the UK help desk but they are unable to assist? Tell  me that i have not received any messages from O2? Wrong - sometimes 2 a day - and that no overdue balance on my account -- but email from O2 says £400 is due?? 

Message 4 of 9

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12620 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1155 Solutions

Given the mixed messages, and the struggles you are having I'll mention the community advisors to see if they can help.

@O2Georgina @O2Sarah- can you try and help @WSL ?

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 5 of 9

O2Sarah-
  • 689 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

Good morning 

Thanks for the tag @gmarkj 😊

@WSL I will inbox you so we can check your account and get to the bottom of this. 

Message 6 of 9

WSL
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

O2Sarah - this is the message i receive several times a  day from O2 that 6+ operators say cant be from O2 we have never seen this and your account is clear so no need to pay any money???

You've spent £281.64 more than your normal monthly bill (without VAT). From the way you've been using your phone, it looks like you might be abroad. Call us straight away on +44 3448090202 so we can make sure your phone isn't lost or stolen. If we don't hear from you in the next 24 hours, we'll stop the roaming on your mobile so you don't keep paying for it. If this happens, you'll need to pay any existing overdue charges to get back up and running again. Once you've paid, your service should be back to normal within four hours (but it can take up to 24 hours). If you're having trouble, try turning your phone off and on again.
Thanks
O2

Message 7 of 9

WSL
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

each time i call another ££££ is added to my bill so more emails from O2?? so call again - no no you have nothing to pay and emails not from O2????

Message 8 of 9

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12620 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1155 Solutions

Let Sarah deal with this via messages on the community - check the little envelope at the top of the screen for a number indicating a message has been received @WSL 

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 9 of 9