cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My O2 App gives Error code 36 (unlinked MSISDN)

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am just wondering why? I guess this has something to do with me getting my old mobile number moved to my new contract phone.

Can anyone clarify if that is the cause? If not what is? and regardless - how to fix it?

Message 1 of 34
33 REPLIES 33

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144198 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27634 Solutions
No probs wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 34

Anonymous
Not applicable

How do I do a soft reset?

Message 12 of 34

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Turn it off and turn it back on again.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 13 of 34

Anonymous
Not applicable

i'm getting the error code 36, this happened after my number was ported over

I have deleted the app, soft reset, searched for any other settings that seam to relate to this app, but still can not get it to sync

The girl at 02 just told me to give it 24hours to see if it corrects itself

Help, any further suggestions

Message 14 of 34

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

It normally takes a couple of days for your number to be reregistered on O2's systems when changing monthly to contract or viceversa or when porting. How long since you ported the number?

Message 15 of 34

Anonymous
Not applicable

the phone was bought Saturday on a new contract, the number from my old business contract got ported to the new contract last night, about 7pm

Message 16 of 34

MI5
  • 144198 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27634 Solutions
As you were previously on a Business contract you may have to call 202 and ask them to reset your My O2 account, but I'd still hang on a couple of days for the systems to catch up with the transfer.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 17 of 34

Anonymous
Not applicable
cheers, i'll give it a few days and see how it develops, i didn't use my o2 before and it worked with the old number. so i'll see if its just a case of O2 Consumer catching up with O2 business and sorting things out
Message 18 of 34

MI5
  • 144198 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27634 Solutions
Your "My O2" account will need to be created as I'm sure you know it woks differently for business contracts.

Currently using:
Message 19 of 34

Anonymous
Not applicable
After speaking with them, I have to wait until after my first bill, so around another month 😡
Message 20 of 34