Did you mean: 

Account Transfer

Raf20
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello all,

Quick question. So i want to change my account details (Name, date of birth, bank details etc) as for many years the account was on my moms name. Now i would like to have an account on my name with the same number however I was told by the o2 customer service team that in order to change the details i would need to get a new headset with a new monthly plan. My original 24 month contract ended and now I have a 12 month sim only deal. Will I be required to pay any termination fees and pay off the remaining cost of the sim only deal?

Thanks a lot

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144187 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions

Hi @Raf20 You will need to wait until your 12 month sim has completed it's term to change for free, otherwise, pay off what you owe to get a new contract with your number now.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
  • 144187 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions

Hi @Raf20 You will need to wait until your 12 month sim has completed it's term to change for free, otherwise, pay off what you owe to get a new contract with your number now.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 5

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi @Raf20, let us know if you have any additional questions about this or anything else, or if you're good to go? slight_smile

Cheers @MI5 for the information above. thumbsup

Message 3 of 5

OllyB
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hiya

I have the exact same problem.

Spent quite a long time trying to transfer the account to my name when I signed up for a plan a few years ago and was informed the transfer would go through within 24 hours, but unfortuantely this didn't work.

I have now completed my device plan and am eligible for an upgrade, but am now not able to get through to anybody due to Coronavirus. However the device is now breaking a bit so am hoping to get an upgrade quite soon. 

Please please let me know if there is a way to do this - thanks very much in advance 

Olly

Message 4 of 5

MI5
  • 144187 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions

@OllyB 

Various numbers to try calling on here Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

Advice from an O2 Guru to get through:
If you call 202, when it comes to the reason you are calling stay silent for 15 seconds and you will be taken to the keypad options.
Press 2 for Everything Else
Press 5 for More Options
Press 7 for Anything Else which will put you though to someone.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 5