cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

network down

Anonymous
Not applicable
Does anyone know when it will be up again?
Message 1 of 727
726 REPLIES 726

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yeah me and my partner have had no service since friday pm. It had been Intermittent since friday. But now we have had no service since yesterday afternoon and we live in Gloucestershire! Has anyone heard anything back from O2 we have emailed but had no reply!!! Anyone know anything different?
I emailed O2 who said that there was nothing wrong with the network, I told them that I have been unable to make calls since tuesday, they gave me a £5 goodwill which will be taken off my bill...this whowever doesnt rectify the problem, I was told today, that the O2 satelite is having problems, so I guess when it spins your way you'll be able to make a call and recieve, I can, however, send and recieve text, though not instant, can't answer/call voicemail, I am in Kent, so looks like it national.
Surely we will have to be compensated in some way, my job relies on calling me I have lost so much work due to not being able to be contacted...maybe we shouldn't pay our O2 bill this month, as I have lost more than that!!! and I'm sure a lot of others have lost far more :robotindifferent:
Message 91 of 727

Anonymous
Not applicable
rang o2 five minutes ago ,they aknowledge there is a problem
in the me4 me5 ares of kent,working on it no idea when service willl be ready
my company can not get me ( hehe ) though i did manage to use it once this afternoon.
never mind

I am in ME7 - no one here can get o2 phones to work, yet customer services lady told me there was no problem at all.... she was of no help at all...
Message 92 of 727

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am in ME5 when I contacted O2, they were pretty helpful, did you email mycarewebform@o2mail.co.uk and put in the subject "help needed" I and my daughter have had replies, I now have £15 off my next bill, my daughter is to contact O2 when her phone works again, and they are going to reimburse her accordingly... so long as you are polite and not demanding when you write to O2 they are quite helpful, it isnt the helplines fault afterall, it is O2 they are merely acting on behalf of O2...My phone worked this morning I thought great, I could call out and receive calls, but now I cant, Im getting network busy again or connection error...Im giving it a few more days, if its not sorted then I will have to change network as Im losing money as where I work I rely on my phone for work, no calls no work...no work no money...Lets hope its sorted asap
Message 93 of 727

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am in ME5 when I contacted O2, they were pretty helpful, did you email mycarewebform@o2mail.co.uk and put in the subject "help needed" I and my daughter have had replies, I now have £15 off my next bill, my daughter is to contact O2 when her phone works again, and they are going to reimburse her accordingly... so long as you are polite and not demanding when you write to O2 they are quite helpful, it isnt the helplines fault afterall, it is O2 they are merely acting on behalf of O2...My phone worked this morning I thought great, I could call out and receive calls, but now I cant, Im getting network busy again or connection error...Im giving it a few more days, if its not sorted then I will have to change network as Im losing money as where I work I rely on my phone for work, no calls no work...no work no money...Lets hope its sorted asap

I was very polite, but the lady said there was no problem and no other people calling in my area to say they had a problem either 😐
Message 94 of 727

Anonymous
Not applicable
Well I would keep on at them then, as they have accepted that there is a problem, I can copy and paste the email they sent to my daughter and myself and you can send this on if this will help???
Message 95 of 727

Anonymous
Not applicable
Here is the email I received from O2 this is the 2nd email...
Good Morning
Thanks for emailing us and I'm sorry you're having problems with the network coverage in your area. It's a known fault that our customers in the area 'ME5' may experience a loss of signal and will be unable to make or receive calls or text messages. I can understand how disappointing it's for you, as you're unable to use your phone services at your home due to our network coverage problem. Please be assured that our engineers are working to fix this fault and this issue will be resolve soon. However, I'm sorry I'm unable to confirm the exact time scale when this issue will be resolved. I'm sorry for the inconvenience that may have been caused. I appreciate your patience with this matter. I understand that there is no compensation for the time you'll be without the services. However, I've added £10.00 including VAT to your account for the inconvenience that may cause. This credit will be adjusted in your next month bill.
Message 96 of 727

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have emailed them again as they accept there is a fault in ME4/5 but I am half a mile down the road in ME7... so they must accept I am affected :womanindifferent:
Message 97 of 727

Anonymous
Not applicable
Seems like we are all having trouble with O2 !! I live in blackpool and the network is diabolical here too !! I have only been with O2 a month and have rarely been able to use my phone !!!! What is going on ???
Message 98 of 727

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, I have been unable to make / receive calls or texts since around 17:00 yesterday (18.03.09), I'm in B16. I used the email form last night to ask when my service would be back up and running and received an email around 05:30am saying it should be working now, but alas its still not working at all. all I can do with my phone is go on the internet so have had to use this to get in contact with friends. Have emailed them again this lunch time to ask whats going on. And requested my bill to be adjusted depending on how long I am going to be without the service.
Message 99 of 727

Anonymous
Not applicable
Major problems in the Oxford area tonight with my o2 phone - can't make or receive calls all evening. Could send/receive texts up until around 11.30pm tonight but now can't do that anyway as I have a 'limited service' as opposed to what I had earlier, which was 'Network unavailable' when I tried calling anyone!

Anyone else had problems tonight? I sent an email to o2 but it will take them at least a day to answer!

Any help appreciated slight_smile

Thanks.
Message 100 of 727