cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pay Monthly On-line Bill

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi - I've been a Cellnet and then O2 user since the late '80s, when the only option as a manager at BT was Cellnet. Having moved on thankfully I have been on a contract since c. 1999/2000. Generally it's been OK, very good service, however, when I go to My O2 to check my bill etc., as per the e-mailed I get sent I get this panel message:
Important information about your account
For some reason we do not have a pay monthly online bill associated with the "username and password" you have signed in with.
To view a pay monthly online bill you will need to have set up a pay monthly mobile phone account and when you set this account up you would have been given, or chosen a username and password. You need to use these original 'sign in' details to view your bill online.
If you can't remember your original sign in details, please go to our online username and password reminder.
If you are a prepay, O2 customer billed by a different company or not yet an O2 customer and are interested in our O2 pay monthly please see our Pay monthly deals in the online shop.
Apologies for any inconvenience.
I contacted O2 by 'e-mail' before Christmas, and again last night. There has been no response.
It is rather absurd: O2 have been paper billing me since c. 1999 and then switched to paper-less billing, have continued to send e-mails and txts to say they'll be direct debiting my bank account monthly, and taking the cash. It seems to be a major problem at O2's end. It means though that O2 are probably unlawfully collecting as no invoice or bill is being presented, and I cannot reconcile or check what is being charged against use.
Any ideas or suggestions?
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
best option is to call them and just ask them to put you back on paper billing. They do still do it but you have to request it as system automatically placed everyone on paper billing a while ago.
Message 11 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have asked for paper bills and they have refused! I have spoke to them and they have been very unhelpful ! I think maybe a call to watchdog maybe in order!
And just for the record I have followed all of customer services advice and instructions still to no avail! I have never changed anything on my accounts and have had my contracts nearly 13 months and they used to work ! Then out of the blue one account stopped working! Funny that they never have a problem debitting money from my bank for a so called account that is not registered!! They are quick enough to contact me if the direct debit bounces!!
How hard is it to remove both my accounts and allow me to re-register ? This is not something that requires a phone call!
Message 12 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
They can only refuse to allow paper bills if you have an iphone, because with them, online billing is part of the t&c's. Otherwise you can have it
Of course your accounts are registered, but you can only access billing info with the username that was set up automatically when your account was created. This Is a security issue and is why it cannot be done the way are asking them to.
If you have attempted to register again at any time tjis will actually cause a conflict. If you havent tried that then some vital info will be missing, this is why you are much more likely to get it sorted on the phone, they can actually check things in real time with you and if there is a duplicate account, it can be removed. I know this can be resolved within 5 minutes with a half decent advisor on the phone cos ive experienced it myself. Give em a chance. If you are unlucky enough to get a disinterested time-serving phone monkey, hang up and try again, because most of them are very good and really do want to help
Message 13 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
is my time not as important as theres?

In the time it would have took you to write your two posts and have your little rant you could have called O2 and sorted it by now.
Don't be irate and try to actually think before you start going off on one as it makes you look uneducated.
Why would O2 want to waste your precious time? What possible benefit could they have from you calling them up with your self importance?
:womanindifferent:
Message 14 of 14