cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting up a DD to avoid further issues.

RussellFerry
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I’ve thought about a DD but unfortunately I don’t get enough monthly income to know for sure that there will be enough in every month. I sometimes struggle to have enough food never mind anything else. And ever since O2 have joined up with Virgin they’ve gone down hill. They used to be one of the world’s better communication companies but not now. Virgin have brought them down. They used to print on my monthly bill how much I owed and broke it down as to what it was for, how much, when it was due etc.  Not now. So even their invoice set up is worse now. So I won’t be setting up a DD. I’ve lost trust in their capabilities of controlling my bills. It never used to be like this. Virgin seems to have taken them down.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 23513 Posts
  • 1035 Topics
  • 3746 Solutions

@RussellFerry Setting up a Direct Debit ensures your contract gets paid on time without the risk of running into arrears. Without wishing to cause offense, if you can't afford enough for food you should be on a Pay & Go tariff, not Pay Monthly.

I suggest you speak to the Payment Management Team on 0800 902 0217 and try to work something out before you get disconnected.

The opening times are:

Monday to Friday – 8am to 8pm

Saturday – 8am to 6pm
Sunday – 9am to 6pm

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/account-and-billing/payment-support

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 4

Lord-Gareth
Level 1: Joiner
  • 15 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

With a DD, you get your bill a few weeks in advance, then know how much it is going to be and when it comes out. With a DD, if you get in to trouble O2 can help.

Message 3 of 4

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 37213 Posts
  • 238 Topics
  • 1697 Solutions

@Lord-Gareth wrote:

With a DD, you get your bill a few weeks in advance, then know how much it is going to be and when it comes out. With a DD, if you get in to trouble O2 can help.

14 days in advance for O2, @Lord-Gareth.

Message 4 of 4