Did you mean: 

All I want to do is pay off my outstanding balance

archercj
Level 1: Joiner
  • 8 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Dear 02

I am deperately trying to pay off my outstanding balance of £266 which I owe you for terminating my contract early and I need to pay off the remainder of what I owe on my phone.

I rang you when I switched suppliers and was told because there was a direct debit payment due it was difficult to calculate my final payment amount. Ermmmmm it was £285 less £19 I pay monthly.

Then anout 10 days later I get a RED letter from you threatening legal action etc. if I dont pay off the outstanding amount. So I waste another 1.5 hours on the phone only to be told my account shows zero balance. I explain about the letter and get told 'you cant pay it as your final bill hasnt been finalised yet, wait on a few days'. Well I wait a few days and I log on and my account still says zero balance. But the deadline date of my RED letter is looming.

No wonder I changed suppliers. 

I have also changed my wifes and on hers it was just the sim payment (her phone I paid off early with Virgin). So I terminated her account on the day of the direct debit and when the account showed zeo balance. Oh suddenly she owes £5.22 and the threatening emails have started. Once again log into the account and it shows zero balance. 

Surely things cant be that hard. I just want to clear my debt with you and never come back.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 124295 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7524 Solutions

@archercj 

This is not O2 It's a community of members like yourself.

You need to contact Payment Management

You can reach the Payment Management team on 0800 902 0217 or 0800 032 5302

The opening times are:

Monday to Friday – 8am to 8pm

Saturday – 8am to 6pm

Sunday – 9am to 6pm

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/account-and-billing/payment-support

Best time to call is around 8.00am

Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 8

archercj
  • 8 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I know that. I am letting off steam mate.

If I ring the numbers they say I owe zero. I try to contact them through the online chat to be told that doesnt exists anymore and you can only do it from the app BUT I cannot use the app anymore because I am not a customer.

Must have spent three hours on the phone now trying to get though as well.

Very frustrating

Message 3 of 8

slowsandal
  • 17 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

they dont want your money then, dont pay them

Message 4 of 8

Oxonian
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 7639 Posts
  • 147 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

@slowsandal wrote:

they dont want your money then, dont pay them

That's not good advice to offer @slowsandal. O2 are ruthless when perceived debts are concerned, and will sell them to a Debt Collection Agency, trash your credit score and quite possibly deny you a mobile 'phone contract with another provider in the process. 

@archercj is doing the correct thing trying to ascertain what is due so that the slate can be cleared. 👍 

Message 5 of 8

archercj
  • 8 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Typical automated process that isnt joined up.

One section of O2's CS have no access to the credit side i.e. the phone rather than the SIM. And then the system generates a RED letter threatning to 'send the boys round' BEFORE the two week period from when you cancel your contract and receive a final bill.

Oh and if you are 'lucky' enough to get through to the contracts team they have a tendancy of magically putting the phone down on you.

Really is a sham but indicative of companies like this in general. Although I had an issue with my number and service transfer and had to ring EE and I was very impressed with the speed of and level of expertise with their TELEPHONE support (remember that lol).

Message 6 of 8

archercj
  • 8 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Finally paid off my outstanding amount.

Tip for anyone in a similar situation:

Your final bill 'may' not be available for payment for 14+ days after you move to another supplier and close your O2 account down.

In the meantime you can expect 'threatening' letters, texts and emails regarding debt collecting to be sent to you.

You will also find that your My02 account starts stating 'no services' and no reference to bills etc. And if you owe for early termination of your credit agreement on your phone the people you are supposed to ring will not see that outstanding amount until 14+ days.

Bye Bye O2 I wont be back.

Message 7 of 8

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93333 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions