Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 upgrade Experience.

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

I was instructed by SWMBO that an upgrade was required as, and I quote "this phone is **** and won't connect to data anymore".

Not being one to argue or sway the decision, and in the interest of research, I promptly jumped on to MyO2 and hit the upgrade now button.....

Things have changed since the last one (2017) so a quick summary below.

Scanned through potential devices.

Notice an offer on iPhone 11 Pro.

Add to basket

Honey finds an additional voucher code for £50 off ( so that's £399 off in total)

Hit the checkout button.

Confirm airtime allowances (50gb is only 1p a month more than 30gb - how does that work??)

Now the differences.....

All the T&C's, agreements and documents are then listed on the checkout page (not via email, although you are emailed copies).

You click the + sign next to each one to read them, then a tickbox at the bottom to accept everything.

Nice and simple so far slight_smile

Then you can choose your extra, spend cap, insurance or accessories which are added to your basket.

You can also select to use O2 recycle and when you enter your phone details, it returns you a quote for a fully working phone of your type.

If you choose this option, it generates an O2 recycle account and you will receive an email with further instructions on what to do with your old device.

Again, simple.

Next page is your bank details for direct debit (if not already set) followed by a summary page of your order.

Click on checkout now and your done.

I hit checkout now at 13:03

I received my order confirmation email at 13:07

Dispatch email was receive at 15:21 (I didn't choose weekend delivery, so delivery and tracking number is for Monday)

Tariff change completed at 15:42

Instructions from O2 recycle sent at 15:48 - They send a returns pack to send your phone to them after you've taken suitable photos of it's condition.

So that's round 1 complete.

Round 2 and 3 will be delivery and recycle.

To be continued...........

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 1 of 35
34 REPLIES 34

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 Looks all good (Def go for the extra 1p's worth of data) But who is Honey? and does (she?) have any offers for me?

Message 2 of 35

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22938 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

No one should be without Honey @Anonymous LOL

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 35

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Bambino Thanks for the info thumbsup

@MI5 It's great when you get an upgrade or something new that you've been wanting for a while. I don't know much about Apple phones but seems like you got a good deal, hope it goes well. thumbsup

Message 5 of 35

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Anonymous 

As long as the boss is happy, I'm happy wink

Currently using:
Message 6 of 35

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Blimey, I had to look up SWMBO. Realised it was She Who Must Be Obeyed rofl

Hope all goes well @MI5 thumbsup

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 35

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

So far so good.
Still got the delivery and recycle experience to go though scream

Currently using:
Message 8 of 35

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Well fingers crossed. fingers_crossed

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 35

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

Round 2 complete.

Phone was delivered at 11.30am.

I have fitted a screen protector and it now awaits her return from work to back up the old phone on iTunes and transfer everything to the new one.

Will need to do a sim swap then too.

Guide: Sim Swap: a mini guide 2017 update 

Just need the recycle pack to be delivered now to send off the old phone.

Currently using:
Message 10 of 35