Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New threads

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

More and more I'm seeing threads marked as new when they are several days old and I know that I have already read them.

I presume that somebody has decided that some threads are located in the wrong section of the Community.

Surely if threads are being moved to different sections it shouldn't trigger a new thread indicator ?

For example :

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Returned-upgraded-phone/m-p/1064321

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 1 of 57
56 REPLIES 56

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144497 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27709 Solutions
It shouldn't but it always has done.
Another vagary of the Lithium platform I guess?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 57

Cleoriff
  • 123021 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7471 Solutions

I can explain one reason for that @Beenherebefore. Many people post their new topic in O2 Home (when it has nothing to do with that section)

Once reported via the Inappropriate Content button... they are moved by the mods and appear again as unread in the new section they are moved to......

Edited to add....this is exactly what you pointed out. Smiley Very Happy Excuse my 'senility'. (It's just because I seem to spend a lot of time reporting threads with the message 'not O2 Home) wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 57

MI5
  • 144497 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27709 Solutions

It was never as big a problem until "O2 Home" section was created.
Maybe a simple change of name would fix it?
I'm sure administration are sick and tired of having to move virtually every single new thread from there?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 57

MercedesS
Former Staff
  • 1192 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 18 Solutions

Hello @Beenherebefore

Would you like "the community team" to open a bug to Lithium to see if it can be fixed? It sounds like a nice idea! Because we cannot stop doing our job and moving topics when we think they are in the wrong place, sorry Cry

Please let us know Feedback

Get involved! If a post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution”.If you are new to the community, please read How to use the community
Message 5 of 57

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

@MercedesS I add my support for this request to lithium 

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 6 of 57

jonsie
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions
Yes contact Lithium as it is really annoying. Short threads aren't too bad but the longer ones with maybe 20 replies are infuriating.
Message 7 of 57

MI5
  • 144497 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27709 Solutions

No one is suggesting you shouldn't move posts.
What would be nice is if they didn't appear as unread though once they had been moved.
Alternatively, rename the Home section so people don't get drawn there to post everything?

Currently using:
Message 8 of 57

MercedesS
Former Staff
  • 1192 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 18 Solutions
Done! Thanks guys! We will keep you posted!

Please let us know any other suggestions 👍🏻
Get involved! If a post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution”.If you are new to the community, please read How to use the community
Message 9 of 57

MercedesS
  • 1192 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 18 Solutions

Sorry @MI5 didn't see your comment 😓 We hope to be able to change the home title soon but, we have to move topics from other categories too. So we've reported back to lithium and maybe they can help us finding a "wider" solution for everyone! It's bad for us too 😉

Message 10 of 57