Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New threads

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

More and more I'm seeing threads marked as new when they are several days old and I know that I have already read them.

I presume that somebody has decided that some threads are located in the wrong section of the Community.

Surely if threads are being moved to different sections it shouldn't trigger a new thread indicator ?

For example :

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Returned-upgraded-phone/m-p/1064321

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 1 of 57
56 REPLIES 56

MercedesS
  • 1192 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 18 Solutions

I am really sorry @MI5, I still don't understand what the problem is to be able to tell Lithium how to fix it, sorry. Cry 

Did you try to use the topic view to see if it helps?

Get involved! If a post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution”.If you are new to the community, please read How to use the community
Message 21 of 57

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144160 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
Don't worry about it.
It's been messed up so long now I have a work around.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 22 of 57

MercedesS
  • 1192 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 18 Solutions

Cleoriff wrote:

Exactly the same for me @MercedesS I use my PC mainly (either Firefox or Chrome).. but I still get the problem if I use my mobile (using Chrome)

It affected everyone who posted on the thread 'More Forum Issues'. (I gave the link to where it was first mentioned way back in February 2017) Toby and then Martin said it was a bug and O2 were looking for a fix...

Can you test it, please? We are here as crazy testing with different computers and mobiles. And it works Destroy I will open a case to Lithium saying that it doesn't work for some of you. I wonder if we can  somehow find out why Cry

Get involved! If a post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution”.If you are new to the community, please read How to use the community
Message 23 of 57

MercedesS
  • 1192 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 18 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Don't worry about it.
It's been messed up so long now I have a work around.

Don't worry @MI5, I have to open the case anyway so, I will try to add your explanation and see if they understand it.

Thanks for the help! I am sure that we all together will find the way of making it work! I just wish I could reproduce the problem Wave

Message 24 of 57

Cleoriff
  • 122809 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

I have tested it @MercedesS I test it daily when accessing unread posts. It hasn't been fixed. Instead of being taken to the FIRST unread post in the thread... I am taken to the last one which means I have to scroll all the way back to find the first one I haven't read....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 25 of 57

MercedesS
  • 1192 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 18 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

I have tested it @MercedesS I test it daily when accessing unread posts. It hasn't been fixed. Instead of being taken to the FIRST unread post in the thread... I am taken to the last one which means I have to scroll all the way back to find the first one I haven't read....

Hello @Cleoriff,

I was waiting for an example to see if I can explain to Lithium what needs to be fixed.

Screen Shot 2017-08-08 at 10.47.13.png

So, in the example, you see that I didn't read 4 comments on the same topic, right? But, if I click on the 1st one, that is the last one published, I go to the end of the topic 

But, if I click on the 1st one - that is the last one published - I go to the end of the topic and I have to scroll to read the other 3, is that what you mean? 

Message 26 of 57

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144160 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
Yes ^^^ exactly that.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 27 of 57

MercedesS
  • 1192 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 18 Solutions

But, that is not a bug Cry hmm...  Maybe we can ask them if it is possible to have only the "1st last post unread listed" or if there is a way to list the unread from old to new Confused 

Message 28 of 57

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@MercedesS wrote:

But, that is not a bug Cry hmm...   

With respect, it is a bug when we could perform the "first post unread" action until a certain point in time.

Obviously coding was changed at a point so that subsequently when "Unread Posts" was clicked you were taken to the last unread post instead of the first unread post in the thread.

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 29 of 57

MI5
  • 144160 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
Call it whatever you want but it changed at a point in time that has adversely effected functionality of the website.

Currently using:
Message 30 of 57