Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New threads

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

More and more I'm seeing threads marked as new when they are several days old and I know that I have already read them.

I presume that somebody has decided that some threads are located in the wrong section of the Community.

Surely if threads are being moved to different sections it shouldn't trigger a new thread indicator ?

For example :

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Returned-upgraded-phone/m-p/1064321

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 1 of 57
56 REPLIES 56

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

No one is suggesting you shouldn't move posts.
What would be nice is if they didn't appear as unread though once they had been moved.
Alternatively, rename the Home section so people don't get drawn there to post everything?

I agree with all of this and yes @MercedesS please log with Lithium.....although I believe it has been logged previously.

Lithium does seem to be capable of creating it's own unique problems compared to other forum software.

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 11 of 57

Cleoriff
  • 123303 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7473 Solutions

I would also point out that O2/Lithium have also failed to correct the problem of new 'unread' posts.

This is where we are taken to the last post instead of the first unread post

This was first pointed out way back in February in More Forum Issues HERE

It still is an issue and time consuming that we have to keep scrolling back in a thread to find the last post we read. Toby was the first to look at it as a problem....then @Martin-O2 checked again in March. We were given the response that it had been reported and Lithium were looking at a fix.....??

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 12 of 57

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

It just seems impossible to get things repaired or ideas implemented.... 

Message 13 of 57

MercedesS
  • 1192 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 18 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

I would also point out that O2/Lithium have also failed to correct the problem of new 'unread' posts.

This is where we are taken to the last post instead of the first unread post

This was first pointed out way back in February in More Forum Issues HERE

It still is an issue and time consuming that we have to keep scrolling back in a thread to find the last post we read. Toby was the first to look at it as a problem....then @Martin-O2 checked again in March. We were given the response that it had been reported and Lithium were looking at a fix.....??

Hello @Cleoriff,

If it is not working, this one is our fault for sure. As @Martin-O2 said, it should be fixed by Lithium long ago. We tested on our computers and phones and worked just fine. So my bad because I thought it was working for everyone when it was working for us. I am really sorry. 

Can you please help us understand why it doesn't work for you?

• URL(s) of where problem occurs

What we have tested:

1. Go to Unread Posts on the top [link here] 

Screen Shot 2017-08-08 at 09.07.49.png

2. Then you can see the list of last messages [where you can decide to see Discussions or Post]

Screen Shot 2017-08-08 at 09.12.14.png

3. Then click on the ones with the Unread mark and... it goes to the last one.

Please please, if it is not working let us know so we can try to talk to lithium to fix it. And I am sorry for this one. 

Get involved! If a post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution”.If you are new to the community, please read How to use the community
Message 14 of 57

MI5
  • 144873 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27775 Solutions
It used to go to the individuals last read post, not the last post in the thread.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 15 of 57

MercedesS
  • 1192 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 18 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
It used to go to the individuals last read post, not the last post in the thread.

So... it doesn't work for you @MI5? Does it go to the last post in the thread and not to the last one for you?

Get involved! If a post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution”.If you are new to the community, please read How to use the community
Message 16 of 57

MI5
  • 144873 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27775 Solutions
Correct, not working for me as I would like it.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 17 of 57

MercedesS
  • 1192 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 18 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Correct, not working for me as I would like it.

If you can help me with more information I will open again a case to Lithium! Thanks!

• URL(s) of where the problem occurs: same? 
Message 18 of 57

MI5
  • 144873 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27775 Solutions
I always access forum from "unread posts "
If there are a number of replies on a thread, the reply you click on goes to that post so I have to go the the very last post in the list for that thread to get to the last one I read.
This happens on windows 10, 7, chrome and safari.

Currently using:
Message 19 of 57

Cleoriff
  • 123303 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7473 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
I always access forum from "unread posts "
If there are a number of replies on a thread, the reply you click on goes to that post so I have to go the the very last post in the list for that thread to get to the last one I read.
This happens on windows 10, 7, chrome and safari.

Exactly the same for me @MercedesS I use my PC mainly (either Firefox or Chrome).. but I still get the problem if I use my mobile (using Chrome)

It affected everyone who posted on the thread 'More Forum Issues'. (I gave the link to where it was first mentioned way back in February 2017) Toby and then Martin said it was a bug and O2 were looking for a fix...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 20 of 57