Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is the forum broken again ?

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

I can't get rid of Unread posts.....tried under the Options drop down and logged off and on again.

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 1 of 342
341 REPLIES 341

MercedesS
  • 1192 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 18 Solutions

New problems @Cleoriff Confused Destroy

At least this time is about something good! Congrats for your new level slight_smile

Get involved! If a post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution”.If you are new to the community, please read How to use the community
Message 221 of 342

Cleoriff
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

@MercedesS wrote:

New problems @Cleoriff Confused Destroy

At least this time is about something good! Congrats for your new level slight_smile

Anything to get away from Relic @MercedesS joyjoy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 222 of 342

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Tell me about it!
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 223 of 342

MercedesS
  • 1192 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 18 Solutions

You are so right @Cleoriff!!! Cheers

Plese please remember we are asking for ideas to change the names here

And thanks so much for all your help and support! Btw, tomorrow the problem with the "unread" post should be fixed Bouncy

Get involved! If a post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution”.If you are new to the community, please read How to use the community
Message 224 of 342

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

I've had problems getting on here for the biggest part of the day. 

Like @Cleoriff I had 3 pm from you @MercedesS two weeks ago, one saying I had gone up a level, another saying I had but it was the same level and then another with the new level. All came at the same time. This isn't a new phenomenon as the same happened the last time too. 

Message 225 of 342

Beenherebefore
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions
Same here jonsie......it's like nobody is actually in control....I gave up reporting faults weeks ago.
Message 226 of 342

Cleoriff
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

As you say @jonsie it isn't a new problem but until things started to go wrong with other parts of the forum I completely forgot to mention it. I just thought it was a glitch. Now I realise glitch is a bit of an outdated word to use as the forum goes beyond the occasional 'glitch'...  😲

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 227 of 342

Beenherebefore
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

Please discuss.

Message 228 of 342

Cleoriff
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

@Beenherebefore wrote:

Please discuss.

Soooo. .. this could mean one of two things....

1) Unread posts remaining as unread even when they have been read 2 or 3 times. Or

2) The usual iPhone mania which starts in September and goes on for a month. This year Apple have added to the discomfort by having the temerity to release 2 flagship devices....which is annoying for non iPhone users.

They are being combined into a mega thread which is a good idea......but still means 100's of posts appearing particularly if you don't access the forum on a daily basis. I have started marking all posts on the community as read (if there are more than 4 pages)...which means you could miss a really important non iPhone related topic. There you go. Topic discussed LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 229 of 342

Beenherebefore
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions
And what about threads not related to 1) and 2) ????

Seems to me "somebody" is clicking on the "Mark Topic as New" option when adding a post to a thread.
Message 230 of 342