Did you mean: 

Community feedback - how to improve ranks and reward system

Martin-O2
Former Staff
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hey everyone, 

We're currently reviewing both the ranking system and rewards on the O2 community! As always we would love to hear your thoughts and insights on both systems and any ideas you may have on changes or improvements. 

About Community Ranks

Currently, we feel there are too many ranks and the names are very inconsistent. We're looking at creating a whole new list of rank names which this time around follow a theme. 

• Can you think of a common theme for the ranking names along with a few examples? 

Please keep any rank names in line with the community guidelines but any and all ideas are welcome! 

About Community Rewards

Currently, we try to thank those forum members who have been contributing to the community by helping each other out, participating, asking questions, and keeping the forum a fun and engaging place to be.

• Can you think of more ways to reward members and a few examples? 

Please keep in mind that we want to consider other ways to reward members then phone credit and think about what activities should be rewarded. 

Thanks guys and I look forward to hearing your ideas smiling 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

Maybe a points system where whoever does well in a certain area or subject then some sort or reward other than monetary could be an option 

Message 2 of 17

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Thanks @Anonymous! Would you like to see things awarded each month or let the points build up over a longer period?

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!

signature

Message 3 of 17

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143182 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27459 Solutions
See my suggestion in the ideas section from a couple of months ago wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 17

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Thanks @MI5! I'll check em out and make sure there included. 

signature

Message 5 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Martin-O2 Let people earn a good reward by building the points up over a certain time 

Message 6 of 17

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35049 Posts
  • 221 Topics
  • 1557 Solutions

How to overcome ranker rancour...? Reduce the number of levels, some of the names, while funny, mean little.

Why not use metals: Zinc, Copper, Silver, Gold, Platinum? Then a coloured dot instead of a rank name would suffice.

Rewards, I like the way I can get a boost onto my phone, or choose to give it to a family member for their PAYG phone - little and often is better than keeping people hanging on for a bigger sum. 

What about a quarterly draw for something bigger, like headphones, a phone cover, Bluetooth speakers or, perhaps even a phone prize? The Twitter team occasionally send out a surprise box containing O2 odds and ends,  that'd be something people might like to get slight_smile 

Message 7 of 17

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122117 Posts
  • 823 Topics
  • 7456 Solutions

Ranks

I like the ranking system. I think they give an indication of the amount of work attributed to the members. When I started here I felt comfortable when I got a response from someone who obviously knew what they were talking about and for me that was indicated by the rank. (not always but usually) This is a personal perspective and in no way infers lower ranked members are not knowledgeable

I don't like some of the names used. For instance before I went up a level, I was an Oracle. Now I am a Relic (How dare they?LOL) I'm sure that rank inspires new members with no confidence whatsoever!

Rank names such as Casual Specs, Usually Online, Midshipman, Going Places and others should be binned. Along with Relic Cheers

Rewards.

I am happy to go along with what the majority suggest.

Just my opinion

Regards, The Relic. wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 17

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
I agree with @Cleoriff about the ranking system. I have not been here as long as her but felt exactly as she did when I first started. Responses to queries I've raised have invariably been from members who without question knew what they were talking about. And in the majority of cases their knowledge was underscored by their rank. And again, like @Cleoriff I in no way cast any aspersions on lower ranked members, many of whom are, without question, far more knowledgeable than me.

I must admit some of the rank names make no sense to me and could either be made a bit more relevant or disposed of completely. I am now quirky - no idea what new members make of that.....🤔

As for a new rewards system, I'm quite happy to go along with the majority.
Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 9 of 17

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11959 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1119 Solutions
I agree that some of the level names can be a little obtuse, but I rather like the quirky nature of them.
Admittedly some could be reviewed - has there ever actually been a list published? (Searched the forum and although it was mentioned there is no actual list anywhere...)
As to how to change them, I think that is a little more complicated. It all depends on how many there are or needs to be. Not knowing the number now makes that a little difficult to judge.
Reward wise I think the current system is more than adequate. Possibly the only thing I would change is to have an additional one every quarter/half year that is more substantial - say an o2 voucher or something that needs to be redeemed online/in store. Either a direct reward or a raffle/prize draw type that the nomination winners go into and/or top contributors.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 10 of 17