Did you mean: 

Yet another Apple Watch data plan issue

MindlessJD
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi all,

Bought a new S4 Apple Watch a couple of months ago, received it and set up with no issues whatsoever.  Unfortunately the watch got damaged, made my claim through O2 insure, and was told they had no S4's in stock at all re a replacement.

Was added to the queue for a replacement as soon as they were in stock, and was reassured that they have two deliveries per day. Over two weeks go by with no comms from O2, so I phone them up again and finally get a replacement issued - though not in my original colour (not bothered about this though)!

Went through the set up again, and am getting the (seemingly common) issue where I cannot add the data plan to the new watch. Getting reference code 30. 

Called customer services and have been given an INC number, but having read through the comments on this forum - am somewhat worried that I'll not hear back and have to chase myself again...

Don't want to have to keep phoning up all the time to get this sorted (took 5 separate calls to order it in the first place as systems kept not working correctly!)... So does anyone have any idea how long this may take or what actually needs to be done to fix?

Thank you

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22

MindlessJD
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I mean I can’t be 100% on the accuracy, but when using the machines at the gym (bike, cross trainer etc) it seems to match the distance/calorie counter on them so I’d assume it is fairly accurate..!

When it comes to the weight - not a problem at all, they really aren’t heavy - I can imagine the choice of strap being more of a deciding factor as to whether that would bother you when working out. The sports bands are great, but I’d imagine the Nike ones (with the holes in) are better to keep your wrist cool.
Message 11 of 23

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@MindlessJD Makes sense, it sounds like a great accessory to have - food for thought! smiling Regarding the weight I might try to go and test one in store, or try a friend's at some point, but you've definitely made me curious to look into it more closely, thanks!

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 12 of 23

MindlessJD
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Definitely worth a try, I think (and hope) you’ll be pleasantly surprised!

Also, as a side note - I think the aluminium ones are lighter weight than the stainless steel ones...
Message 13 of 23

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@MindlessJD Oh interesting point about the different models, which one do you have yourself??

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

signature

Message 14 of 23

MindlessJD
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I’ve got a 44mm stainless steel, and my wife has the 40mm aluminium. Not a massive difference but there is one
Message 15 of 23

Laith
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi there,
I’m facing the same issue here, could you please explain how you got over this issue?
Thanks @MindlessJD
Message 16 of 23

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
Given that it took an admim to sort, i will tag @Marjo and @Martin-O2 to see if they can help. They should be in contact in the morning @Laith...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 17 of 23

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Thanks for the mention here @gmarkj!

@Laith I'll drop you a message about this one so we can talk further and hopefully get you sorted out.

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

signature

Message 18 of 23

Laith
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks for your help!😃
Message 19 of 23

MrLav
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I'm having the same
Problem. 02 helpless via twitter, Facebook and Instagram. The number to call is busy all the time
Message 20 of 23