cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Merge Calls

Anonymous
Not applicable

I want to activate merge calls on my iPhone. I know this has to be done via O2 customer service. I'm told this facility will cost me 8p per minute. Is this correct? To be clear merge calls is where I call one person - put them on hold - I then call a second person and merge the calls so all three people can talk simultaniously. Will I be charged for this service? 

Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Cheers.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 25

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hey @Anonymous I've got some info about call merging and conference calls. See below and let me know if you have any questions. wink

There are a few ways to get more that one person on the line. 

1. Merging calls

You can have up to 3 people on a normal consumer account, for example , you merges 2 friends on the same call. This will come out of you inclusive allowance and If all 3 are on unlimited minutes then they won’t be charged.

If you want more than 3 people in the call see below: (this needs to be requested and added to the your account by customer services.)

2. GROUP CONFERENCING up to 49 people on a call at once

• Business account Customers 8 pence per minute (including VAT)
  • All Pay Monthly / Pay & Go customers will be charged at 15 pence per minute (including VAT).

NON O2 callers (from other networks) are charged at the same rate as calling an O2 mobile from their Networks plan.

Each person including the chairperson who dials in to the conference call will be charged this rate above.

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 12 of 25

Cleoriff
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Thanks for that clarification @Martin-O2. To be honest, I did wonder why people would be charged if they had a tariff with unlimited minutes on a consumer contract.

Good to know the difference between Merging calls and Conference calls wink

PS maybe this could be made more clear by O2. Currently there appears to be no mention of Merging calls

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 13 of 25

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

No problem @Cleoriff! It's good to have clear information on the subject.

My ears are ringing at the thought of 49 people on the same call! It's bad enough with 5 or 6 on the same line! 

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!

signature

Message 14 of 25

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Good post.
Can we have this in the index please?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 15 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Martin-O2

Many thanks for the comprehensive reply. Its useful to define the difference between merge calls and conference calls. Some of O2's own customer service team don't understand the difference between the two facilities. 

I agree you don't necessarily want to have 4 people on a line at the same time but it is a useful feature to have activated if you wish to use apps that record telephone calls. 

Thanks once again 

Message 16 of 25

Cleoriff
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

wrote:
Good post.
Can we have this in the index please?

Great idea. I will mention @Martin-O2 in case he missed it....wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 17 of 25

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

No problem at all @Anonymous! Happy to help. smiling

@MI5@Cleoriff Yes that is a good idea! I'll get it added. wink

signature

Message 18 of 25

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Splendid slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 19 of 25

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 20 of 25