Did you mean: 

Apple Watch Cellular Data stuck on 'Activating'

markrduk
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi there

I purchased a new Apple Watch Cellular with data plan from O2 last week and it came Friday morning.

I don't seem to be able to get the Cellular data working on the watch. I've activated the plan, but it's just stuck on 'Activating'.

I called 202 over the weekend and factory reset the watch (and they said they reset everything at their end) and tried to re-set it up, but it's still activating.

Spoke to somebody on chat who said they would raise a ticket, but that it will take days... I'm ready to just send the thing back - does anyone have any suggestions?

(Visual Voicemail and WiFi calling are activated and phone and watch are up to date with the latest software version.)

Many thanks

Message 1 of 289
288 REPLIES 288

Andy1972
  • 12 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Mugen360. Exactly this. No joy, no updates. Been like this since the start of November.

Message 151 of 289

Mugen360
  • 8 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@O2Sarah has done her/his best, but if there is no transparency with your backend engineers there doesn't seem like she/he or possibly @O2Ryan can help. I need direct information from the Network engineers working on the case and updates as to what they have been doing to try and resolve this issue for the past 3 months and what steps they aim on taking moving forward. Whether I go into a store or call the support line its pretty much the same, no one knows the status of the issue.

Message 152 of 289

O2Ryan
Former Staff
  • 146 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for the tag, ill send a private message over now.

signature
Message 153 of 289

T_K
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Mugen360 In the exact same shoes too still, except o2 has now stopped calling as I missed their calls twice and it’s difficult to call back without them leaving a number… They have clearly given up altogether. The watchOS and iOS updates didn’t help either. It really is unbelievable we’re here still months on.

Message 154 of 289

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12350 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1148 Solutions

Have you been in touch with a community advisor @T_K ?
I'll mention @O2Sarah- so she knows you are struggling - watch out for a private message here on the community.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 155 of 289

O2Sarah-
  • 689 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

Thanks for the tag @gmarkj 

@T_K I will send you a private message so we can check on your case. 

Message 156 of 289

T_K
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks @gmarkj, yes I have but second what @Mugen360 said about how much anyone in here can do. 

I was in touch with @O2Sarah (no dash), who has kindly passed me onto the case management team, who called me on 27 Dec to advise that they had cleared the data from my account and I should unpair my watch (again), wait 24 hrs before pairing, then add the mobile data and wait 24 hrs to activate. 

I did the above, except when I paired the watch and it came to setting up mobile data, it didn’t ask me to log in and go through the setup, it was already showing the message that the data is being added but if it doesn’t activate within 24 hrs, call 202 quoting ref code 08… it hasn’t activated. Following the watchOS and iOS updates, the error message no longer shows, it’s back to being stuck on activating. 

Does make me wonder why the engineers or whoever is supposed to be looking at this rather widespread issue is not looking at these accounts collectively to see if they have anything in common and then compare to accounts that are working. 

Message 157 of 289

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12350 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1148 Solutions

Hopefully they have more things to try to resolve this now @T_K and Sarah (with a dash) can get it fixed...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 158 of 289

Vamp
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

OMG, finding this thread and reading all the responses has left me feeling both relieved and filled with dread!

Mine has been showing as activating since the 14/01/23.  I have an active support call with o2 which came to the ten working day point yesterday and it’s still activating. I’ve been on hold with the live chat for the past 24 hours due to high call volumes (technical fault apparently).

It seems so random as to which watch/account activates and which doesn’t. My husband, almost immediately, mine, still waiting, my Mum, all kinds of hoops and loops to failcakes sim swap from o2 PAYG to Sim Only which STILL hasn’t completed 🤦‍♀️

Message 159 of 289

J4CKO
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I am having a similar issue, I got a new Apple Watch 6 Cellular to replace my Apple Watch 3 GPS, mainly so I dont have to take my phone when I run, cycle or go to the gym. It has never worked for data, calls work ok but never think I have had data service.

The watch either says, in, mobile data "No Connection" or "Loading", have tried all sorts, I work in IT so no stranger to technical issues.

I tried getting a PAC Code so I can go to EE, but it said I need to pay £81.96 to cancel the contract, my next step is arguing that with phone support, but given that they quote an hour to get through and had my call drop a couple of times, or you get through to someone but they dont do that function.

I am sort of getting to the point it may be worth paying £81.96, I have been paying £5 for however long and its never worked, the watch was like £600 but, on O2 it doesnt work for the intended purpose.

So if anyone from O2 can assist I would be very grateful !

Message 160 of 289