Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No connection on Apple watch

PaulBr
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I just purchased a mobile plan for my Apple Watch Ultra 2…it all seems to have installed OK the watch app on the phone shows the mobile plan as o2 with an orange i next to it. The watch shows the mobile provider as o2 with a green tick but when the watch is away from the phone it shows a red x and ‘no connection’. How do I get mobile working on my watch?

Thanks

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38247 Posts
  • 240 Topics
  • 1729 Solutions

Aha. Be prepared for a bit of a struggle - and I hope you know how to use Social Media to contact O2 😖

Activate Apple Watch Guide has all you could ever need for this task, @PaulBr - good luck!

Message 2 of 10

PaulBr
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks PGN, that post was my first port of call but it doesn’t cover my problem, hence my post here. No idea how to contact O2 on social media (was hoping it would work here!).

Message 3 of 10

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 148933 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28446 Solutions

@PaulBr 

Message them on Social Media. Facebook (https://o2uk.co/O2CFB) , Twitter (X) (https://o2uk.co/O2CTW) or Instagram (https://o2uk.co/O2CIG) or give them a call on 202 or 0344 809 0202

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 4 of 10

PaulBr
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Got through to them on the app and was told I need to wait for a QR code to come through in the post. I can’t find any reference to needing a QR code to activate the eSIM in my watch. Is this correct?

Message 5 of 10

MI5
  • 148933 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28446 Solutions

@PaulBr 

Complete and utter rubbish.

You need to use social media as advised mate.

Chat bots are pretty clueless.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 6 of 10

PaulBr
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks. It was a human I dealt with , I thought that was untrue. I have messaged via FB but had no reply - don’t use X or instagram.

Message 7 of 10

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38247 Posts
  • 240 Topics
  • 1729 Solutions

Persist with the FB pokes, every so often. I found my Twitter "public" message got zapped, but sending a Direct Message got a response within 3 hours, after a second nudge...  Good luck, @PaulBr 

Message 8 of 10

MI5
  • 148933 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28446 Solutions

@PaulBr wrote:

Thanks. It was a human I dealt with , I thought that was untrue. I have messaged via FB but had no reply - don’t use X or instagram.

Clearly a complete berk with no idea what day it is either 🙄 

It doesn't matter which SM platform you use as the same team monitor all of them 👍

Message 9 of 10

Peter_L
  • 14 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Good luck. And I honestly mean it. I am still waiting for more than 2 months (!) to get my Apple Watch connected. My watch is stuck on “O2 Activating” since. It never even got connected to the O2 network and never worked so you are quite lucky that you’ve at least managed to activate it. It seems like O2 has no idea how to fix this. Many many many people have an issue with activating their watch. How long does O2 need to finally fix this? A year? Or two? It’s absolutely ridiculous.

Message 10 of 10